The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
Mr-Jack
Beer Drink'n Knuckle Dragger

67 GMC Lift thread

Well finally got the time in-between some of my deployments to actually get a chance to work on the truck. Got a 67 GMC Long bed 4x4 small window that's been sitting for a year waiting for some attention, and here goes some of the progress that i've managed to get done over the past week.

I started when my brother was here actually, and ended up just getting it up on jacks before i got a call sending me out on another deployment.

I got back and was determined to get on with it. I am trying to get this lifted and wired before my wedding at the end of the month. (my fiance and I had our first date in this truck, so it's kind of a big deal) I started pulling the old suspension out and got the stock 10 bolt out from underneath it. Started pounding rivets out and finally got all of them out and now i am to the point where i have to drill out the frame for the eye hanger kit. I'm installing DIY4X FGB52 kit and their eye hanger up front and the flip-n-switch in the back with all new springs. On to some of the pics

Here is what i started out with.

Got her up and ripped out the front end

Didn't have a fancy air hammer yet, so i was pounding out rivets by hand for a bit

Primed and painted the front end parts

don't worry bout the frame, once i get back from my honeymoon, it'll come back off and i'll prep and coat the frame, just wanna have it lifted for the wedding

Still got a lot of work to do, so i'm headed back out to drill the frame for the eye hangers and get this new front put back together

By the way all comments, positive/negative/constructive are welcome. I have thick skin.

Thanks, Jack
Mr-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote