The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
Brad54

Suburban wheel openings: same as pick-up truck??

I thought I had read somewhere that the rear wheel opening on a '60-'66 Suburban was different than the rear wheel opening on a fleetside pickup box.

Now I read in a thread here that they're the same.

So, same or different?

-Brad

There's no cool like Old School
Brad54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
padresag

Re: Suburban wheel openings: same as pick-up truck??

why start a new thread ; why didn't you ask the question there.. Capt Fab stated short box in that reply didn't he? that should tell you that there may be a difference between a long and a short box on those wheel openings.
there has also been other threads on this subject.
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #3
Brad54

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
why start a new thread ; why didn't you ask the question there.. Capt Fab stated short box in that reply didn't he? that should tell you that there may be a difference between a long and a short box on those wheel openings.
there has also been other threads on this subject.
ron
Yeah, that should tell me "there MAY be a difference between a long and a short box on those wheel openings."
Which part of "may" is unclear to you? And how is the difference between possible long and short box wheel openings relevant to any differences between fleetside and Suburban wheel openings?
Since you seem to have the answers, start there.
Be specific, please.

That was the first I've ever heard of there being a difference between long and short box wheel openings. Is it the first you've heard about it? If not, then why don't you answer the question outright?
If that IS the first time you've heard about a difference between long and short box wheel openings, then perhaps you should not bother contributing to the post, since you have nothing to contribute, instead waiting for someone to come in who does have a definitive answer.

Now, as to why did I start a new thread here?
A) its a Suburban-specific question, so it belongs in the Suburban section.
B) I specifically worded my title so that the specific topic would be easily searchable for the next guy, a couple years down the road, rather than having the info buried in another topic.

Why is "B" important? Because I did two searches and came up with nothing.
So I'm probably not the only guy. I'm not saying others won't have better luck--they probably will. But I didn't. And I didn't feel like wasting an hour looking.

-Brad

Old 09-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #4
padresag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad54 View Post
Yeah, that should tell me "there MAY be a difference between a long and a short box on those wheel openings."
Which part of "may" is unclear to you? And how is the difference between possible long and short box wheel openings relevant to any differences between fleetside and Suburban wheel openings?
Since you seem to have the answers, start there.
Be specific, please.

That was the first I've ever heard of there being a difference between long and short box wheel openings. Is it the first you've heard about it? If not, then why don't you answer the question outright?
If that IS the first time you've heard about a difference between long and short box wheel openings, then perhaps you should not bother contributing to the post, since you have nothing to contribute, instead waiting for someone to come in who does have a definitive answer.

Now, as to why did I start a new thread here?
A) its a Suburban-specific question, so it belongs in the Suburban section.
B) I specifically worded my title so that the specific topic would be easily searchable for the next guy, a couple years down the road, rather than having the info buried in another topic.

Why is "B" important? Because I did two searches and came up with nothing.
So I'm probably not the only guy. I'm not saying others won't have better luck--they probably will. But I didn't. And I didn't feel like wasting an hour looking.

-Brad
all that you have to do is go back and read that thread, it was just 2 above your posting there. you will see that it is quite specific.. you were there only 2 minutes before you started this thread

I told you where the info was and you were just there so why should I have to repeat it just for you or is it to much of an effort.

it was in the suburban specific section. it is easier for the search engine to pick up if there is more of the same in a given thread instead of helter skelter.
sorry for wasting your time
ron
Old 09-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
Brad54

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
all that you have to do is go back and read that thread, it was just 2 above your posting there. you will see that it is quite specific.. you were there only 2 minutes before you started this thread

I told you where the info was and you were just there so why should I have to repeat it just for you or is it to much of an effort.

it was in the suburban specific section. it is easier for the search engine to pick up if there is more of the same in a given thread instead of helter skelter.
sorry for wasting your time
ron
It wasn't specific... said short bed, but no mention of longbed. Are we to infer short and long bed wheel openings are different?
Please, show me how it's done.
Please find me a thread that specifically and clearly answer the question "Are fleetside wheel openings the same or different than Suburban," and clarifies that it's short bed AND long bed.
And make sure the answer isn't buried thirteen pages down in a thread so we don't have to waste all our time reading about tail lights and bumpers only to find one mention slipped in about wheel opening similarities and differences between long bed, short bed and Suburban.

I eagerly await your links.

-Brad

Old 09-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

hope this clears it up:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...+skirts&page=1
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
old crewcab

Brad, THANK YOU for responding appropriatly, would not change a thing in your first reply post!
old crewcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #8
padresag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad54 View Post
It wasn't specific... said short bed, but no mention of longbed. Are we to infer short and long bed wheel openings are different?
Please, show me how it's done.
Please find me a thread that specifically and clearly answer the question "Are fleetside wheel openings the same or different than Suburban," and clarifies that it's short bed AND long bed.
And make sure the answer isn't buried thirteen pages down in a thread so we don't have to waste all our time reading about tail lights and bumpers only to find one mention slipped in about wheel opening similarities and differences between long bed, short bed and Suburban.

I eagerly await your links.

-Brad
the reason that it said short bed is that it meant short bed. if you were confused about it it should have asked the question there and I image that the Capt would have gladly clarified your response or someone else would have,

#9,10 and 11in this link
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595919
ron