The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2002, 01:28 AM   #1
MITCH1914

Cool where are your cruise spots

here in indy we have three great spots. one on east washington st in the sams club parking lot on every friday from about 4pm to 10pm(there are about 200 to 300 vehicles). on saturdays we cruise to one of two spots. one is on east washington st beahind the e. washington st mall(about 50 vehicles).second spot on saturday is about 15 minutes south of indy in greenwood indiana at a place called the sudds(about 200 vehicles) most of it serious muscle, and on a good day you might see a street race around 10oclock or so.
MITCH1914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 01:34 AM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

I haven't found the spots yet, everytime I hear of one, they get chased out by the cops.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 05:41 AM   #3
Big69C20 Toy
Livin' it up.

Down in Hollywood is the only place i've ever found and any muscle or classic stuff is rare. However i do cream over all the Ferrarris there. Some phat new vehicles down there too on the weekend, and probly about 600 cars at a time at least along the strip. Lots of hot folks down there too sometimes...
Big69C20 Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 07:28 AM   #4
blue_69
someday

Erie boulavard in syracuse is about 1/2 hour from me but the cops are cracking down hard this year. It used to be almost all muscle cars and some street racing but now all the cars look like the set of the fast and the furios and if you so much as squeek a tire you get pulled over by a cop.

My 72 CST blazer build

72 CST Blazer 4x4
67 2wd swb ( project onion crate )
86 4x4 lwb plow truck
40 x 60 foot barn to work on all this stuff
blue_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 10:06 AM   #5
ryes 69

We have the berlin tpk here in CT,it used to be full of NICE muscle cars,but its overrun with "shopping carts" (the dumb imports w/ the HUGE wings) what is wing for anyway?
ryes 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 01:48 PM   #6
68SWB4x4
Strongman Garage

the wings are to sit on
68SWB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 02:26 PM   #7
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Those aren't wings.Imports can't fly.Those are integrated manual relocation devices.They are used when the ricer determines that his vehicle is capable of using twice the recomended dosages of rice and noz.Since this invariably leads to total destruction of the "Singer Power Module" , the integrated manual relocation device is required to keep from hurting your back while bending over to manually relocate the vehicle from lanes being used by vehicles that have not been subjected to the overuse of rice and noz.
Does that clear it up for you ?
BTW the short term for that is IMRD.Sometimes the acronym
"I'M RED"is used to describe the drivers face when he realizes just how ignorant he has been.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 05:33 PM   #8
PrimeredThunder
Back from the Dead

Those guys are so cool to put those huge wings on the back of their front wheel drive cars! :p I think ever since that movie came out, the Import scene has really proliferated, especially around all the downtown late night cruise spots. The best place to go is down to the Schlotzky's Deli on Saturday Nights, lots of sweet muscle and trucks down there almost every weekend! Can't wait to finish my 72 and get it down there!

Kenny

Salem, Oregon
PrimeredThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 08:32 PM   #9
SWINGSAX68
Now the others dig........

Thumbs down

Commerce St. downtown San Antonio, TX on Sat. nights..........and the fabled Military Dr. on Sun. night on my part of town.......bunch of thugs though.....some bad stuff and little girls that need to be at home asleep or doing home work, or maybe even wearing a little more clothing....dont like it, too many thugs..are those wings supposed to make you go faster.....how about that paint job....or how about those "racing" decals and glass packs on the 4 cylinder beast? Or how about stupid car club names like '4 cylinder dreams car club'...If I have offended anyone I apologize.....

But one place that me and my girl have been to and that we are going to go to that I do like is 'The Pig Stand' (the one on Broadway {I think}) on friday nights.......great place to see some great classic cars and trucks. It's a San Antonio restauraunt.....pretty god food....hop style inside. A great place for late night bites!!
GO USA AND MEXICO IN FIFA WORLD CUP........WAIT A SEC THEY ARE PLAYING AGAINST EACH OTHER IN THE ELIMINATION ROUND...TONIGHT...OH GOD THE HUMANITY....WHO DO I ROOT FOR??!?!?!!?!?!??!
LOOKING FOR A 67 4 DOOR IMPALA!!!Just like Sam and Dean Winchester!! 'Cause Mustangs are for p^**#$ and you can fit a body in the trunk of a 67 Impala
MEMBER OF THE DRUM BRAKE CLUB
Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies Texas State University-San Marcos, TX
Certified Music Educator
I hope Mom is up there watching and being my Guardian Angel

"I've got a fever.....and the only prescription.....IS MORE COW BELL"
-The Legendary: Bruce Dickenson

"F#$@ 'em up!!!!!!"
-The Legendary: Rogelio Escobar

TRUCKY LINKS
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=457750
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=461184
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=472848
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=417541
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=477788

Last edited by SWINGSAX68; 06-16-2002 at 08:45 PM.
SWINGSAX68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 10:23 PM   #10
Pumkin Truck
Thats just prime!

Thumbs up Forgot one Swings!, er 2

You forgot to mention Austin hwy down the street from the pig stand, it used to be at bun and barrel but just on the other side of that in some shopping mall parking lot.

the other one is on 1604 and nacodoches in the wal mart parking lot where all the picachoos sit. I passed by it once but shall return with my caddy in my pumpkin to shoo away all the picachoos!
FOREVER DOMESTICS!
(G.M.'s that is!)
btw i believe that the wings are used to keep the rearend stabalized when driving at high speeds, over 120 i think, but when will these off shore cars drive that fast let alone reach that speed?

*99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28
1 Bad 5.7ltr LS1
Pumkin Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 02:29 AM   #11
nroden

Well.. theres the small town crusein goin on around here. I don't participate because its a bunch of annoying girls in the mustangs daddy bought them. Its Lexington on Friday and Saturday night. Go start at Sonic, up 13 Hwy, down Main St, turn around on a side street, back out, down 13 to Sonic. Some people have no life and do this for hours. Of course guys in things such as Geo Storms rev up their motors and spin their tires to show off.
Retired and in the dry... still runs. I now drive Red '01 Ford Focus... better MPG!!!
nroden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 02:46 AM   #12
Rabid

Talking

My cruise spot is the same each day. I cruise out of the driveway and all the way to work. Then I cruise back home after work. If I'm feeling real energetic I occasionally cruise to the store enroute to home or work. My truck isnt in the cruiser category yet, it's still in the working phase.
Rabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 01:03 PM   #13
timamin

I usually go chill at Thrill Factory here in san antonio on Friday Nights or sometimes go out to walmart untill the cops run people out =/. I don't hang out on Military or at bun and barrel though because I have to drive my jimmy right now so no cool truck for me lol. The guys at Thrill factory are cool and there are alot of nice bagged trucks out there. Plus the Cops don't fuxor with you out there because everyone acts like adults ( No Ricers out there) btw those wings are on there to help create more drag so their 4 cyl rev higher while they top out at 30 MPH.
Powder coated bumpers
Progressive Wheels
Future mods
single windows.
alum. fuel cell under bed, sidemarker fuel cap mod.
All white and yellow interior.
leather bucket seats.
timamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 01:16 PM   #14
HvyChevy454
Slowly getting CRSS...

bunch of spots around here every saturday nite bout 120 cars at the local checkers all kinds, even the worlds fastest viper, its nuts! then 1st sat of every month there is the Dade city car show about 300 vehicles on hand, even a General Lee Replica, then i think the 2nd sat of every month ther is the plant city car show which has about a 350 turn out both these car shows they shut down the down town portion of the city just for the shows. also evry sat nite out on the gandy bridge acroos the bay you can find the fastest vehicles in the area, but the police are cracking down there. a kid i know got arrested in his new Lincoln LS w/ a reprogramed chip for going 206! he was trying to race the crotch rockets, he told the cops he didnt know he was going the fast cuz his speedo only goes to 180. then on thursday nights liek 2 minutes from my house on hwy 41 the starboyz go out ont their crotch rockets and do sickening stunts like wheelies and nosies at like 150 mph!
The Heavy Chevy Website
------------------
  • 72 Cheyenne 10 LWB GM 12-bolt 3.08 w/ Auburn Posi
    91 454 Edel Performer RPM Intake 750 cfm carb Comp Cam 268/.495 Hedman Headers Dual 3'' Exhaust
  • 71 Cheyenne 20 4x4 Fact. A/C PS PB Tilt Currently in the works...
Speak Softly and Carry A Big Block...
There is No replacement for Displacement...
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

HvyChevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 03:28 PM   #15
superchevy
Got big-block?

Where are some good spots in the Dallas area?
SC

'72 Corvette convertible 454/4spd/ac, ps, pb

'73 GMC Sierra Grande short wide 454/T400 ps, pb, ac

'77 K5 Blazer black on red, 350/T350/NP205 ps, pb, ac all original

'78 GMC Sierra Classic short wide 454/T400 ps, pb, ac

'72 GMC Sprint SP454. 1 of 38 built.
'73 GMC Sprint SP454. 1 of 71 built.
'75 GMC Sprint SP454. 1 of 25 built.

SOLD! '72 GMC K25 4x4 468/4L80e/NP205
build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...23#post4324423

SOLD!'55 Chevy gasser 496/4spd