The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-15-2002, 11:37 PM   #1
68 Stepside
huh?

Met Snowman and 67 LS1 SWB today

Went down to fast68's, to get some parts, and met those guys. Jeff (67 LS1 SWB) couldn't stick around long, but it was cool meeting him, and he said he might be back down again sometime this summer. And snow man stuck around for quite a while. We found out he knows where my truck came from (he knows why that frown is there!), and he was fun to talk to. Hopefully I can meet up with him again soon, when he goes back to Randy's for some parts. All in all, it was a great time, and it was nice meeting you guys.

TJ
Things we said today.

RIP El Jay
68 Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 04:47 PM   #2
BIG ORANGE

Thumbs up

Snowman and Judy are some real nice people,I know we enjoyed the time they spent with us even though it wasnt long enough.

Things happen for a reason!
BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 10:21 PM   #3
racedvl
Account Suspended

Where did your truck come from Tj? PM if you like...
racedvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 11:32 PM   #4
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

Yup.....

It really was great meeting you guys (68 Stepside, Fast68Chevy, Snowman). Wish I could've stuck around longer, but the woman was hungry I guess I'll have to leave her at home next time. ( at least she's supportive, though!!) It was funny that with 4 board members in attendance, there was not a single complete 67-72 there (except for the yellow and white 71-72 Cheyenne I saw on my way there. We should have a midwest gathering sometime this year or next year. That'd be pretty cool.

Also, thanks for the help getting that heavy ba$tard on the trailer.

Later,
Jeff
2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 01:54 AM   #5
Fast68Chevy
Account Suspended

a big ol meeting/party/cookout/tunes/maybe a few drinks/ maybe a truck race or pulling contest or two/other stuff that neighbors love is in order for us midwesterners ? there are getting to be a few members around this region, wasnt always that way like back in 2000, but technically were all around, just werent part of forum is all, but are now and we know who you all are now! lol
Glad to have met you, Jeff, and glad to have been able to meet up with you again, Bob and TJ, wish there were like some shows or swapmeets or racetracks or something around here we could all attend or something for a day just to have fun. I dunno,. Id like to go to a couple of each anyways, not sure about you guys, too bad longhorn69Jeff couldnt make it also, he called me up said he was having "fun" with bracketry and accessories on his engine all day, lol. We coulda gone to there and had "fun" there too lol.

Sorry that I didnt have that front end ready as much as I should have by then, jeff,. guess i got lazy after spending all day before cutting the entire truck up from a complete truck down to pieces and helping load it all onto trailer, and plus staying up since morning before with no sleep since then, caffeine wasnt working the other day, im normally faster and little more talkative than that, not always how ive always been, til last couple years anyways, :P

TJ, thanks for taking pics and uploading them for me, and thanks to all three of ya for helping me clean out some more parts out of here, from now on i need to prevent accumulating anymore, unless i can really really use them or are an expensive part for dirt cheap or something(that never happens of course lol, dont we all wish it would though,)
happy truckin guys

Last edited by Fast68Chevy; 06-17-2002 at 02:00 AM.
Fast68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote