The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2010, 01:07 AM   #1
lrader99

72 Cheyenne 400

Well its been sitting for about a year now, time to get back started....For some reason I am only really motivated to do major restoration/body work during fall and winter. Once spring rolls around I got other toys that I want to play with. Tonight I moved my EV ranchero and my 71 camaro to get back in the hole where the C10 has been sitting...A lot of work for one person considering they are all pushers and the ranchero has no front suspension.

Anyway here is where I left off at.

had to fix both front and back cab corners, inner and outer rockers on both sides of the cab. the only thing I hate about the LWB is that I have 8 foot of wavy bedside. oui...ohwell me and the stud gun are friends and its almost completely straight. had to replace both rear lower bed sections. Originally this truck has a bed side box, the box was all twisted and smashed up.. I reglassed the box and fixed the door but the frame is toast. I need to find a partial bedside or something. The plan is to box the frame and x the back...install 1 ton front and rear suspension, inset the wheel wells to fit the dually and then build dually fenders, i think i would build my own... find a junk bedside and make flares, i like the modern flares how they taper instead of just being square.

so heres some pics...stay tuned this project is going to fly by I work real fast.

lrader99 is offline   Reply With Quote