The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-05-2014, 03:09 AM   #1
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Got another member of my extending truck family :D

And so it begins again....... Well after not having a pickup for a few months the wifes decided we needed one lol....... This one might become my sons IF and I MEAN IF he works on her lol. If not she is mine . Was surfing craiglist for a couple of weeks with 1 k budget authorized by the wifey lol. Well stumbled across this ole girl in a guys driveway he was asking 800$ he said it ran and drove but had some issues.... Well went over and took a look at the ole girl fired her up after 1 pump of the carb... NICE!! Nice lil chevy 350 off in her with a th350 trans... Brand spankin new demon carb perched off on top lol..... did a walk around and as I thought no way in heck could drive it home without brake lights turn signals etc...... Well after thinking about it texted the guy offering him 500 which after discussion with the wife and the son (who is interested or so he says in the truck)... He promptly replied back no I cant sell it for that much. oh ok! go on about life and start looking at other rigs in the chevy/gmc family around the 1k down price range..... Next day working at my side nursing job and I get a call from a number I don't recognize?? Well answer the phone and the lady on the other end says 500$ come n git her!!! I want her outta my yard my husband has too many toys and I told him it goes or else!!!!. Got very excited at this this point called the wife and told her the truck was a go!

Get down there the next day met with the guys wife got the title handed her 500$ and she asked how I was going to get her home. I told her well since the lights don't work and me being safety minded told her I would have it towed........ Welp she had it towed for free by her AAA auto service told em I was doing some work on the truck for them lol. 125 bucks saved lol

Here she is as my sons calls her TITAN because of the seafoam green paint job factory..

Sean
Attached Images

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:11 AM   #2
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: Got another member of my extending truck family :D

Once I get the donor for my 64 out of the garage have a weekend planned to repair the wifes car then pull this one in and get to work figuring out the light problems and go from there. Definietely needs new carburetor gaskets on the manifold, choke hooked up and a few other things then start with the light problems next. Luckily the donor truck has a comlete intact and good rear tail light harness that I have stripped and place d on my work bench ready to install ifn it comes down to it. Gotta love chevy stick with the same wiring colors all the way through .

Sean

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
Old 03-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #3
acemang

The sticker on the window alone made it worth the purchase price. Greetings from Spokane Valley area.
acemang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

Looks like a great deal....
Old 03-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Hey Ace and Specialty,
Lol yeah the sticker tripped me out I sent a photos of my mechanic and he fell off his creeper laughing so hard lol . looking forward to getting this old girl going to haul my parts for my 64 stone age project lol.

Sean

future project toys:
Old 03-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #6
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

been gathering a few parts here n there getting alotta freebie stuff from some of my truck club friend up this way and will be getting to this truck late next week after the wifes skateboard is fixed lol gotta love Miata timing belts.... Here are some of the parts I have gathered so far some from a donor truck and some from the local picknpull in Tacoma. Picking up a oem factory service and parts manual tonight from a guy locally for 40$ ....
Also need to drop by Fry's elevtronics and get some more soldering iron tips for my weller and git after it.
Sean
First Bundle of wires is off a k3500 donor truck I have in the garage for my smurf project figured since I had all that extra wiring rip it out and put to other uses lol. Most of the taillight wiring from that truck will be going in the 69 as the wires are pretty derned crunchy.

Second and third pics are of a 85 c10 harness I got from the pick in pull really good shape wires still supple and flexible for 45 bucks got the underhood harness as well with the hei connections along with the main underdash harness assembly.
Attached Images

future project toys:

Last edited by sdwolff98; 03-08-2014 at 03:41 PM. Reason: updates
Old 03-30-2014, 01:27 AM   #7
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

well been busy ripping out the wiring from the ole girl and found plenty of lovely suprises melted light switch for one. more power wires than any ole truck should have any right too I am amazed she runs lol fixing all that up now. got my hands on several recycled parts from carious friends and members in my local truck club. found a coolant leak power steering leak so one step at a time get her fixed and running! also add in lots of jb weld angle iron fixes in the cab floor both kick panels have separated from the floor of the truck so gonna redneck patch em and fiberglass as well lol
Sean

future project toys: