The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-11-2023, 07:34 AM   #4426
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I made this picture frame out of old dresser drawers to mount this old REO ad and give it to my friend with a '58 REO that originally had a Gold Comet V8

EDIT: stupid computer insists on showing my picture sideways. picture taken with camera not a phone and loaded onto laptop not phone and it is upright in my folder. This picture is my second attempt after editing. Still sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
no Model A hot rods for me today.my old car project is waiting for me but mowed grass in my back yard again today,a full time job around here,once it starts.no complaints,all good.i made several laps by an old apple tree full of blossoms,what's not to like about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC View Post
Vegetation removal
Talk about contrast. We have one guy in the northeast where vegetation is lush, a job to maintain, and he is loving it all. Then we have a guy in the southwest where vegetation is scarce, plants struggle to grow, and he is burning what little there is
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by LockDoc; 06-11-2023 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Rotate picture
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 08:07 AM   #4427
Warrens69GMC

Well, weeds grow, like weeds. It's coming up on monsoon season so I am getting prepared.
Warrens69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 11:46 AM   #4428
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Threw a big party. (Not my idea) My wife’s friend just got her degree so she wanted to throw her a party. 30 or 40 people showed up. Cars were parked all over the place and for once they weren't all mine.

My wife hired a DJ and when he cranked up the music it was LOUD. I figured it would be about 5 minutes until the cops showed up. But to my surprise nothing happened. My jerk neighbor didn’t even complain. Everything went well.
And my “Public Nuisance’ lights were on too. Go figure?

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 01:55 PM   #4429
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Maybe you put a scare into him. A guy with a lot of friends has a depth of field for resources for dealing with problem people.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 03:56 PM   #4430
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Threw a big party. (Not my idea) My wife’s friend just got her degree so she wanted to throw her a party. 30 or 40 people showed up. Cars were parked all over the place and for once they weren't all mine.

My wife hired a DJ and when he cranked up the music it was LOUD. I figured it would be about 5 minutes until the cops showed up. But to my surprise nothing happened. My jerk neighbor didn’t even complain. Everything went well.
And my “Public Nuisance’ lights were on too. Go figure?
Have you seen him lately?
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 05:32 PM   #4431
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I made this picture frame out of old dresser drawers to mount this old REO ad and give it to my friend with a '58 REO that originally had a Gold Comet V8

EDIT: stupid computer insists on showing my picture sideways. picture taken with camera not a phone and loaded onto laptop not phone and it is upright in my folder. This picture is my second attempt after editing. Still sideways

Talk about contrast. We have one guy in the northeast where vegetation is lush, a job to maintain, and he is loving it all. Then we have a guy in the southwest where vegetation is scarce, plants struggle to grow, and he is burning what little there is

Sorry, I couldn't put the picture in the same place....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 06:41 PM   #4432
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Got up at 4AM for work. Was pretty draggy (not sleeping well because of neck/shoulder issues), fiddled about, showered, headed off to work, only a mile away so no commute. On the way over I popped a couple of caffeine tabs, 200mg total. I don't drink coffee and Ive sworn off energy drinks, but still need a picker up some mornings (like today).

Pulled in the parking lot, looked around, don't see any of my teams cars, that's weird. Looked at my phone to see if in my sleepiness I left too early. Well yes I did, 24 hours early. Turns out today is Sunday, I don't work on weekends, Mon-Friday only.

And Im wide awake lol
Old 06-11-2023, 06:49 PM   #4433
Warrens69GMC

Been there...
Warrens69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 07:31 PM   #4434
best view

Thought you retired
best view is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 07:35 PM   #4435
72c20customcamper

Wife got stuck today with the Envoy . Said both rear wheels locked up so I figured the diff went . Get down there she’s still waiting on the tow truck . Look under to see if there was oil all over nothing driveshaft is good . Look at the right rear the caliper is jammed into the wheel . I put the car in reverse and it moved freely .I took off the tire and found the top bolt of bracket where it goes into the rear end flange was sheared off . I was able to grab the threads on the rotor side and work it out. Great figure I just need some new bolts go to Advanced they have them . Tried to get it back together but now the holes don’t line up . So off to Advanced again for a rebuilt caliper with bracket . Take the bracket off the old caliber swap them out and it goes back together just fine . I drove it home and around town and picked up some new bolts for the left side and put them in . At least she was able to get it off the road safely . I did all this on the shoulder

I’ve never seen a caliper bracket bolt break clean off . I know I didn’t over torque them I used a 3/8 inch ratchet to tighten them last brake job . I used lock tight blue on them too .

And I finished the job and the tow guy calls and said he would be leaving in a few minutes to get the car . After 2 1/2 hours my wife told him to forget it she had her mechanic do a road service . The thing that sucks is the caliper is about 3 months old and I was stuck so I am going to eat the core charge . At least I’ll have a rebuilt caliper in stock
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 07:45 PM   #4436
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by best view View Post
Thought you retired
If thats for me, I did, but I actually liked working there and was able to get back on part time. 5am-10am. Been back for 6mo. My wife retired in January, she would like me to quit but understands I like working there. Im able to take off any time I want unpaid. So far so good, just have to see how it goes. We are thinking about taking a month and a half and road tripping it. That might be pushing how much time work is ok with. If so Ill just call it
Old 06-11-2023, 08:44 PM   #4437
LS short box

Watched the end of the CAN Open golf tourney today. The CAN guy won it with a 72 foot putt on the fourth playoff hole. Kind of cool.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 09:07 PM   #4438
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Sorry, I couldn't put the picture in the same place....

LockDoc
Thank you. I think people can figure it out. I even edited the picture to spin a 1/4 turn and it still posted the same.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 06-12-2023, 12:28 PM   #4439
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
Have you seen him lately?
Nope. Not a peep since I put up the fence.

I don't know if he would be scared of my friends because this was my wife's party and it was about 80% women. Maybe he's scared of girls?

I invited some of my single friends and they all hung out in front. What a bunch of lames. The girls were all in the back. Now I know why they're still single.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 06-12-2023, 04:36 PM   #4440
LS short box

In Alexandria MN starting today they are having the state high school trap shoot semi-finals.
In the next 9 days they will have over 7000 kids shooting. We cruised out there and watched for a while and those kids are good. The teams are co-ed.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 06:24 PM   #4441
best view

And there obviously a lot smarter than us to stay out front
best view is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 07:52 PM   #4442
72c20customcamper

Must be brake week .. Fixed the front brake rattle on the 85 fixed the rear brake on the Envoy and now the Dodge rear brake froze up . I can’t catch a break , the other side pads are like new .
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 06-12-2023, 08:50 PM   #4443
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Nope. Not a peep since I put up the fence.

I don't know if he would be scared of my friends because this was my wife's party and it was about 80% women. Maybe he's scared of girls?

I invited some of my single friends and they all hung out in front. What a bunch of lames. The girls were all in the back. Now I know why they're still single.
They probably know better than to try to get anywhere with a woman when she's with a whole group of women. Although the wise will tuck his man card away and jell with the girls in their topics of discussion to gain some ground.

Tim

Old 06-12-2023, 11:50 PM   #4444
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
They probably know better than to try to get anywhere with a woman when she's with a whole group of women. Although the wise will tuck his man card away and jell with the girls in their topics of discussion to gain some ground.
Trust me. I'd be jelling with a bunch of single women at a party if I was single. Or at least I'd give it my best shot.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 06-13-2023, 08:02 AM   #4445
special-K
Special Order

Single women with good jobs, too, right? At least some. I mean, if single they must be supporting themselves. I was at a party once and a former (recent) Playboy bunny was there. Guys were giving her all the attention... ya think? She's telling us about the baby geese and mom she saw at her place, about a pond she didn't know was nearby. All the guys could come up with was tell her how pretty and sexy she was. I figured she already knew that, heard it all the time from guys, and knew any one of them would want to be with her. I talked to her about the baby geese, the pond, and birds she said she loved. Later on she started a conversation with me and that led to us leaving the party. Indifference works!

I think I was right about your neighbor. First you took out the fence. That ticked him off so he took the materials. He acted unfriendly for no apparent reason so you would want to put up a new fence. You put up a new fence and now no problems.

BTW, how about that REO truck advertisement I mounted in a frame I made from repurposed maple dresser drawers? Keyholes and all? An old woman I did work for gave me the dresser. It was in very rough shape. I decided it would take too much to retore, but she was a friend and I didn't want to just junk it. My friend has a '58 REO in similar colors to the one in the ad. We're gone to antique truck shows in it for years. I saw this ad, thought of him, and the idea for the frame came along. It's a really cool ad if you can read it all or make the picture out

Tim

Old 06-13-2023, 08:40 AM   #4446
mr.mud1

i was on a big mission yesterday.no time left for anything on my truck.i went to a little fishing down in south west Nova Scotia near Digby.5 hours from here to pick up a 6 foot landscape rake for my tractor.the crusty old fisherman(nice guy) big as a buick,had his son come over from next door to lend a hand to load it,another big ole boy,as big as 2 buicks with hands as big as baseball gloves,got in the middle of the rake,picked it up and put it in the back of my truck?the old fella was excited to show me his new tractor so he did.lo and behold,an old gas pump in the shed.i'll be going back soon to get the pump,anyway then it was onto Halifax and if allowed to see,i wanted to drive through my old neighbourhood and see the carnage from the big fires.we'd heard that people were being allowed back in some areas so i didn't know if i'd get in or not,but i did.what a mess.our house and shop was gone but houses on each side still there but houses on the other sides of the 2 standing,were gone?there were machines there already working and cleaning off building sites.200 homes destroyed.we are so lucky but awful for those folks.then it was off to the steel place where i had made an order to pick up,material for my latest project,a new steel clothes line pole for the boss and material for a metal workers table and metal brake i'm building,then onto The Masstown Market for some of their homemade bread and donuts,not like i need either.my Doctor told me it wouldn't hurt if i missed a meal.i said Doc,you're probably right but there's no sense risking it??all in all a big day,about 1000 kilometers so about 600 miles.it's all good.take care all.Greg
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 10:34 AM   #4447
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Working on wife's '05 Buick Rainier. Upper control/trailing arms on both sides are rusted completely off and mounting bracket & frame have bad rust. Making an eighth inch thick plate to patch the frame and will build new outer bracket. Gotta love this Iowa salt and brine they use here....

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 04:49 PM   #4448
D.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
i was on a big mission yesterday.no time left for anything on my truck.i went to a little fishing down in south west Nova Scotia near Digby.5 hours from here to pick up a 6 foot landscape rake for my tractor.the crusty old fisherman(nice guy) big as a buick,had his son come over from next door to lend a hand to load it,another big ole boy,as big as 2 buicks with hands as big as baseball gloves,got in the middle of the rake,picked it up and put it in the back of my truck?the old fella was excited to show me his new tractor so he did.lo and behold,an old gas pump in the shed.i'll be going back soon to get the pump,anyway then it was onto Halifax and if allowed to see,i wanted to drive through my old neighbourhood and see the carnage from the big fires.we'd heard that people were being allowed back in some areas so i didn't know if i'd get in or not,but i did.what a mess.our house and shop was gone but houses on each side still there but houses on the other sides of the 2 standing,were gone?there were machines there already working and cleaning off building sites.200 homes destroyed.we are so lucky but awful for those folks.then it was off to the steel place where i had made an order to pick up,material for my latest project,a new steel clothes line pole for the boss and material for a metal workers table and metal brake i'm building,then onto The Masstown Market for some of their homemade bread and donuts,not like i need either.my Doctor told me it wouldn't hurt if i missed a meal.i said Doc,you're probably right but there's no sense risking it??all in all a big day,about 1000 kilometers so about 600 miles.it's all good.take care all.Greg

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  36.6 KB

This looks like a backend of a first Gen Camaro. If it is, what a shame.
D.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 05:07 PM   #4449
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B View Post
Attachment 2274147

This looks like a backend of a first Gen Camaro. If it is, what a shame.
yes sir,that's exactly what it is,a first gen Camaro.when we sold our house 3 years ago and moved away,i think he was working on that Camaro and had a later 70-81 style Camaro with a real nasty 427 in it.i used to hear him cranking it up to go cruisin in it.it sounded like a million bucks,i don't see that car in the wreckage but i didn't get close,so i don't know if it survived.a mess all around.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 07:29 PM   #4450
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Working on wife's '05 Buick Rainier. Upper control/trailing arms on both sides are rusted completely off and mounting bracket & frame have bad rust. Making an eighth inch thick plate to patch the frame and will build new outer bracket. Gotta love this Iowa salt and brine they use here....

LockDoc
Did the same repair on my 04 Envoy , same truck
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.