The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-25-2005, 12:36 AM   #26
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QKENUF4U
site it great, info is great, everything about this place is great esp. now that i actually have a truck to use the info/parts on.
kinda bums me out about the 25$ membership/parts posting cost (has it always been that way ?) i really dont have the extra money (another reason the truck is still in project mode) but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. ill have to figure out a way of staying on board.
thanks for everything josh
later
lance
The $25 is only posting for sale items, anyone can read and buy parts from the susbcribers.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 12:39 AM   #27
iceman7329
Account Suspended

If you currently have a for-sale add posted, once the $25 thing starts will your add be deleted, or how will that work?
iceman7329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 12:40 AM   #28
djracer

I love this place my paypal payment sent!

Special Thanks to All who have helped on the TRUCK!

My Pass Time Show http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...Chapter1-0.mp4

So Far my best Times are:

Motor only:
6.44 1/8 @ 104.13
10.39 1/4 @ 125.83

Nitrous Times:
5.785 1/8 @ 118.65 with a 1.336 60ft
9.168 1/4 @ 142.58 with a 250 shot dead out of the hole!
djracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 12:54 AM   #29
cowboy33713

Howdy;
I have not been on the board very long, but quickly found it to be my #1
resource for info on my '67 stepside project, and was more than happy to invest $25 to get my screen name in bold type, and kick in to help keep the lights on.
This would be a good time for all who can do so without undue hardship to "go bold", to pony up and help assure the board stays open for a subscription costing less than seven cents a day.
I have to think most here could manage that.
Thank you, Josh, for your effort. I,for one, appreciate it.
Humbly submitted,
cowboy33713
cowboy33713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 01:29 AM   #30
4x4Poet

I must be oblivious. I've rarely noticed any inappropriate behavior here or any conflicts worth talking about. Perhaps I'm just not web board savvy enough to recognize what you're talking about. I also only frequent 5 or 6 forums.

So, I'll take your word, Josh, for any difficulties behind the scenes. Thanks for all you do. I've learned 100x more about 67-72 trucks here since registering. Well worth the subscription price since I save dough doing things myself using tips learned here.

Best board I've found, as well.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:59 AM   #31
magooster
'65 GMC Project

Since I found this place a few months ago I am literally on here everyday! My wife also hates it. I wasn't aware of the $25 contribution, but I have just made a Paypal payment. This place is a wealth of information that has helped me out on countless times in the short amount of time I've been a member. Keep up the good work Josh, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I will abide by any rules you make and support any decision you make.

1965 GMC project
1999 GMC Safari (daily driver)
2005 Scion XB (Wifey's car)
magooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:44 AM   #32
Ironhorse

Josh, I would just like to add my own few words here but I am VERY appreciative of the board and the work you do here. I can't even imagine some of the crap you put up with.

Each time a change is made to the board and it's a bit of a pain to figure out how to navigate it I stop and think:
This board belongs to you Josh and I am here as your guest. It would be more painful to not have the board at all. I have made several aquaintences (sp) here many of whom I like to call friends, many I may never have the chance to meet in person. That is a priceless commodity to me in this world which seems to change so often so fast. The information I have learned of these trucks has been worth many times over my $25 subsription a year.

Please don't get discouraged over a few people who seem to be so set in their ways and near sighted that bringing down a board such as this doesn't seem to bother them. I for one would be very displeased over even thinking of such a prospect. You have my utmost sincere thanks for the thankless job and task you do. Again, thank you sincerely for putting this board together and maintaining it. KEEP ON TRUCKIN'
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 05:51 AM   #33
chol30518

How to pay the 25 bucks

Hey all I have been a member only about 1 week now and have been very happy. I would love to contribute to the cause 25 bucks is nothing! If someone could let me know which paypal acct. to pay it to I will knock it out come friday! (3 kids, bills and house gotta come first!) Thanks josh this place is great
chol30518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 06:11 AM   #34
vtblazer

I agree with the masses, it would be a real loss if this board ever shut down.

Simply saying 'thanks' and paying for a subscription hardly seems enough, if there's more to do let us know.
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:23 AM   #35
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stllookn
Oooooops! I bet that last post of mine was a violation!

Is now, bye bye for 24. anyone else like to join him? This is exactly what i was talking about in the above post, some people just lack basic RESPECT.
Perfect example...........How does a guy that has been around for 4 years make a comment like that? On a post about following the rules no less?

I agree with most of the above posters.........I am here everyday and would miss this place greatly if something were to happen to it.

Josh, you are absolutely right. Most of the complaints are from people who just jump in and dont "surf the site right". I think on of the biggest helps that any of us can do is try to show the newbies (and a few oldsters it seems) to find the correct places. The volume of traffic will go up in some of the slower boards if they are used properly.
So many guys admit (when called on it) that they double post or post in the wrong place.....that they are doing it for speed. Well, how about a little patience? This is a messege board not "instant help in real time"

Thanks again Josh, my subscription is coming soon.

Last edited by LONGHAIR; 09-25-2005 at 07:24 AM.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:08 AM   #36
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chol30518
Hey all I have been a member only about 1 week now and have been very happy. I would love to contribute to the cause 25 bucks is nothing! If someone could let me know which paypal acct. to pay it to I will knock it out come friday! (3 kids, bills and house gotta come first!) Thanks josh this place is great

Try here -> http://207.44.196.117/vboard/showthread.php3?t=139629
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T

Last edited by LUV2XCLR8; 09-25-2005 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Because I am stupid sometimes and can't spell
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:15 AM   #37
krue
Designated A-hole!

Thanks for the time and effort you put in here Josh. As for the subscription it's the best deal going. Where else can you get so much great info and meet so many people with a common interest. I have met some really cool people here, people I wouldn't have met any other way. For everyone who says they can't come up with $25, skip a meal out once and there you go.
When I first started reading this post my first thought was OH Crap he's gonna shut the whole thing down. I about had a flipping heart attack! Keep up the good work and do whatcha gotta do.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:10 AM   #38
Dual quad
Smell that burnin' rubber

Josh, I think you're doing a great job. Do what ever you have to do in order to minimize your time spent on BS. To me, the expense of $25 for membership is a bargin.
Dual quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:30 AM   #39
bisquik65
Account Suspended

Hi josh,When i get in better shape i will send you some funds for the site...Thanks,Erick Its been a bad last 2 months for me. ..Last week i only made 45 bucks...I put a motor in a truck,only charged him $600 installed..that included the 350 motor too..And all i got from him was this 81 shortbed 4x4 with no motor? Needs alot of work. I need to pay my bills and now need to part some trucks out to help..This site works for me...And i hope things get better for you... Thanks,Erick
Attached Images

bisquik65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:56 AM   #40
Tycoon4u
Tooloose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
Josh...let me know if there is anything I can do to help...always wanting to help around here.
What he said Thanks Josh this place is great.

'68 c10 (current project)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=cherry+bomb
'04 silverado (better halfs)
'07 wildcat 27rlwb(for sale) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...llinois&cat=17
Tycoon4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:15 AM   #41
John Fabris
TOTY 2006

Hey Josh,

I support your actions 100%. There is a huge lack of respect and common sense with most people today, and while I try to ignore those types here, I have alway imagined that you and the mods were up to your eyeballs in acting like mothers trying to nicely discipline all the rugrats....

I thank you and all of the volunteers for this site and with the good knowledge here, I have had a fun time learning about my truck as I build it.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:03 AM   #42
FormerMember
Account Suspended

I'll help where and when I can.

I've put my money where my mouth is.
FormerMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 11:13 AM   #43
cableguy0

Guys i can speak for josh saying this all the contributions are greatly appreciated and thanks for the kind words.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 11:58 AM   #44
BOSS
Just here to help

Josh thanx for everything you do on the site!!i'll try to help all i can.I think most just take time to get used to the new stuff.

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 12:32 PM   #45
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Josh and all the mods, You all must be doing a great job cuz everything seems pretty smooth from my side of the comp. Thanks for the board and check is on its way! Eric
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 01:06 PM   #46
Bamm
Cowboy Fan for Life!!!!!!

I am all for the subscrition fee for selling parts. I think that it's a great deal. It's worth $25 a year just to be part of this board and have the access to all the truck info thats here at anyone's disposal. (possible $25 a year subscription fee for the board itself in the future?) I also feel that anytime a person has a financial responsibility to something, they take care of it better. Let's hope that is the case here. Keep up the good work........Jerry
18 x 8 Torque Thrust II's
Future mods: All new gauges & wood bed
My Zip is 23002
I ship UPS, USPS
Bamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:23 PM   #47
rauto13
saving one more

Josh,

I am very sorry to hear about your mother, went through the same with my sister and aunt. I know how hard it is to watch someone that close suffering. I just wanted to let you know that many people support you (after reading this thread), and that I wish that I could help someway with the pain of having to have a close family member being ill. All my best to you and your family.

Also, I am new here with less that 10 posts, but I agree with everyone and absolutely support you and all the mods in enforcing the rules. If someone does not play by the rules anywhere, there are consequences. Try breaking the speed limit in front of a cop, or being a non-paying bidder on Ebay, there are consequences to every choice in life. If I mess up and put something inappropriate here I expect to receive whatever the mods feel appropriate, this is a great site and I would hate to see it desecrated by a few inconsiderate individuals.

I will be sending my subscription shortly. The wealth of information I have received here is worth $25/month, much less $25/year. I would support a mandatory subscription fee. Possibly $5/month or $25/year, there are many sites that have mandatory fees. The amount of money I could save with one answer would pay for this fee. The amount of money this site could save me over a year is so much more than the cost of the subscription.

And to anyone that says the cost is too high for a subscription, my truck gets 10 miles per gallon, has a 19 gallon tank and gas is about $3.00/gallon for Super. It costs me about $55.00-$60.00 dollars to fill up my truck when empty, I can drive approx 190 miles on one tank of gas. One night on the town, dinner, movie, coffee afterwards costs roughly $100.00, I don't drink, but one night at a bar would also easily pay for a year's subscription. I try to think about how much I am willing to spend for my own enjoyment for one night versuses how much I could save here in a year.

Sorry for the long post, but I think Josh has enough on his plate to have to play Mommy and/or judge and jury to a few non-thinking people.
driver - 96 GMC X-cab
rauto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:30 PM   #48
rauto13
saving one more

I just sent my paypal payment for the subscription.

Like Dad always said, a man's word is all he has.
driver - 96 GMC X-cab
rauto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:46 PM   #49
4tiresngas
An American Soldier

Josh,

I'm a supporter now. You should have my Paypal. Thanks for this great forum!!!!

dan.brue@us.army.mil
4tiresngas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:08 PM   #50
Skruffy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodmtodd
This sight has LITERALLY changed MY life, and for that I am grateful. I ALWAYS try to do the right thing on here, NO MATTER WHAT. I have made wonderful friendships, and even been screwed over royally once, but have ALWAYS tried to treats others the way I would like to be treated, and forgiven those who don't know any better. I will pay ANY fee you guys ask of me. This place is well worth it. It's like having a whole family full of truck nuts. It doesn't get any better than that. Thank you ALL. Take care, Mike
I'm new, but I totally agree. This board has less than any I've seen and it's great. I can't imagine there are pinheads who are actually complaining. 25 bucks, no problem.
Skruffy is offline   Reply With Quote