The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 01:23 PM   #76
my new 72
faster, faster, faster

Quote:
ITS BETTER TO BE THOUGHT OF AS AN IDIOT , THAN TO OPEN YOURE MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT
Someone should pay attention to his own signature. I'm not a cry baby, and I wouldn't call the cops on you either, however I would be knocking on your front door. You are what's wrong with our society today. People just don't have any respect for anyone else anymore. I have parted more than a few trucks out, but I get it done in a day, not a week or a month, and the rest is taken to the scrap yard as soon as I am finished tearing it apart that day. It's no wonder your neighbors hate you. Worn shouldn't have had the law called on him, but **** happens and if he was planning on taking it to the dump anyway then he shouldn't have really been bothered by it. I wouldn't have been, but that's just me. Grow up a little, calling names is what little kids do.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:36 PM   #77
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Cdowns, I bet you would have the courtesy of at least talking to your neighbor before taking those other steps. It's only common courtesy to talk to your neighbors. A neighbor's dog was tearing up my lawn going after a rabbit, sure I could have called animal control or whatever has jursidiction in my county, but I chose the right route and went over and talked to my neighbor - problem solved.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:06 PM   #78
jku72

cddowns,
While true I am not an old grumpy man yet, I do in fact have nearly 200k invested in my property. I also happen to believe in ones own property rights, and dont believe that just because someone doesnt like the looks of a neighbors yard, that they should have carte blanche to dictate how it should look.
You know what, my nieghbor is making a gravel pit out of his back yard. It sucks, but you know what? Its his land. While some like you might go running to the law to demand that others conform to your particluar tastes of what things YOU FEEL LIKE they should be, I realize that it's HIS land, NOT MINE.
Personally, I think commie fascist nieghbors do more to bring down quality of life than a junk car ever could.
Dont like it? Dont look at it.

68 C10 burb
42 Willys MB
46 Dodge WF-32 1.5 ton
53 & 56 Olds'
60 Cadillac
22 Dodge Brothers
Old 05-22-2003, 02:06 PM   #79
cdowns

SURE i talk to my neighbors all the time. the only problem i have is this old lady (about 80 something) she keeps making me cookies and brownies!! just don't have the heart to tell her i'm diabetic and can't eat them!!!!
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
Old 05-22-2003, 02:15 PM   #80
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Now that's the type of neighbor I like!
Old 05-22-2003, 02:24 PM   #81
Crank

Alright. When I get my own place. I honestly want to try to open my own shop up in California customizing cars. Let someone be damned to leave parts out in their yard overnight.... without me stealing them. haha. You better believe I'ma be over helping my neighbor rip apart that ride, if it's to be parted, if not, I'm smackin my neighbor until he signs over the title. lol. I try to keep my yard looking good, and it looked as though WORNBRAKES' yard looked very well kept with the exception of no grass. Haha. I have no gas either in my yard. Everytime I stopped on my quad, gas would pour out of the overflow, cuz the float was stickin in the carb. I'm fixing that tho. Lol. ROCK ON GUYS!!!
Brandon
Old 05-22-2003, 02:30 PM   #82
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Thumbs up

My New 72 - Well said!
Old 05-22-2003, 03:55 PM   #83
Ray Cobia

We have a couple people like that in our neighbor. Everytime they leave their house, they get to see nice ,clean, well kept HOMES all around them. HOMES that the owners take a lot pride in. Then they get to go home to their pig sties. Some folks like living like that, but that is their choice. Its kind of strange that none of these people have really nice Trucks piled up in the yard, its seems like all they own is average old beaters. Ride pass the nicer HOMES if you want to see some really sharp trucks. But then again that is their choice.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:04 PM   #84
my new 72
faster, faster, faster

Thank you Slammed67, I appreciate it.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:10 PM   #85
knucklebuster
Failure is NOT an option!

I was just wondering where the guys work with the hundreds of thousands of dollars!!!!And are you taking applications!!In my opinion the point here is that he didn't have the decency or the balls to talk to you man to man.And for that he deserves what little bit of payback you can give in two weeks.After that let it go.But if he still wants to be a bit@h about stuff LET HIS A$$ HAVE IT!!!!....tree and all!

1969 Chevy Shortbed Fleetside
1969 Camaro ps pb a/c(drove in high school now it's just a yard ornament,but it's next on the list for resto)
1990 Ni$$an hardbody( daily beater that has been really beaten!)
1999 Grand Am GT(wifes ride...never buy a pontiac!!Trust Me)
Old 05-22-2003, 04:20 PM   #86
jku72

I only mean to say that I too have spent many years of hard work, and saved in order to get what I have. Now that I have a decent place, I'll not have somebody telling me how to keep it.
Who decides how things should look? When does it stop?
Clean perfect planted non-native grass may be in style right now, but what if the rage becomes tall native grass?

A perfectly mowed lawn is not only un-natural, it is a waste of resources to keep it as such. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Enforcing one groups version of beauty on others is just ....wrong. I personally think that lawn watering, and wasteing gas on mowing grass, and putting chemicals all over the place to keep the lawn perfect is criminal. Do you want me to start telling you all how to keep your yard? Of course not.

68 C10 burb
42 Willys MB
46 Dodge WF-32 1.5 ton
53 & 56 Olds'
60 Cadillac
22 Dodge Brothers
Old 05-22-2003, 06:47 PM   #87
Maximum Overdrive
December 21, 2012

Quote:
Originally posted by cdowns
that's what i did, and yes i'd call to complain if one of my neigbors was doing something to adversley affect the value of my investment!! but it wouldn't just be the police i'd also make calls to whoever holds the mortage on the property, whoever issues the insurance on the property the EPA and any other agency to bring maximum pressure to bear to protect my investment!!! the way i look at it it's just like stealing from me!!

What a crock of sh*t!
Old 05-22-2003, 07:08 PM   #88
COBALT

Look, if this isn't a pattern of behavior for WORNBRAKES then why the hell is the neighbors calling the police???

I live in a neighborhood with really anoying people. Here's a couple of examples:

1. I parked my truck around the block one time (no parking in front of my house) and ended up parked in front of someone's house, but parked in a perfectly legal way. I was parked there for three days while I took the bus to work. While it was parked there the woman who lives in the house I parked in front of reported my truck as "abandoned" to the city, and the city came out and put a ticket on my truck to move it within 24 hours or it would be towed!!!!!!

The city law says a vehicle "abandoned" more than 30 days can be towed away. She didn't like my truck parked there, so she obviously called the city and lied about how long it was parked there - NOT because it was truely abandoned, but because she didn't like my truck in front of her house.

Last I heard she didn't own the curb or the street.

2. At the same time I have neighbors across the street from me (you can't even call them neighbors) who are slowly destroying their house. A woman bought the property for her college-age son to live in while he went to school (house listed @ $385,000), so he and his buddies trash it. Since they moved in last summer they've:

a. Destroyed the front yard by parking every vehicle this kid ownes + all his buddies. Not just cars and trucks. I'm talking Ricers with exhausts, Hummers with HUGE stereos (they love to play at deafening levels @ midnight), 4x4's with Mickey Thompsons that throw mud all over the place, crotch rockets, Mercedes and Audis, etc, etc. Mixed bag.

b. Destroyed the front fence because of complications in part a. (cars trying to get out ran over the wood fence multiple times until it just fell down - complete with rose lattice, mail box, etc).

c. Destroyed the front door and screens by "drunken" accidents.

d. Destroyed the front porch by accidentally running into it, again by point a.

...and that doesn't even highlight what they did to the inside of a newly-remodeled house.

-They throw at least 1 party a week with noise past 2:00 am.
-People mingle out in the street (a main street and not a side street, BTW).
-They have drunken arguments on the sidewalk in front of our house.
-They wait until no one's comming up/down the street and then drag race their motorcycles (@ midnight).
-They always forget to put their trash out on time, so it continues to pile up on the sidewalk until you have to walk in the street to get by their house.

This is on a MAIN street where there's lots of cars driving by and people walking up/down the street. I'm waiting for the day when they accidentally run over someone, or someone gets hurt on their property. Then all hell's going to break loose.

I've talked to the kid who lives there. I've talked to his mother. He gave me the "dude, my friends can be out of control. I tell them to be quiet but they blah blah blah....." story, which is complete BS. I finally told him if they continue to race up/down the street I'll call the police on him. THAT IS A WARNING. Everthing after that is repeated behavior and disturbs the entire neighborhood. It doesn't just hurt my eyes. Get the difference?

Unless this is a pattern then they're being overreactive by calling the police. They just proved that they can't "play well with others". I'm in WORNBRAKE's generation, and I pay taxes, I bought my house, and I'm the one who keeps it looking nice so it will retain it's value. If somebody next to me takes a couple of weeks working on their trucks and makes a mess for a while I'd go over and SEE WHAT HE'S WORKING ON, and not call the police on him!!! I'd wait until it started getting out of control and effecting the neighborhood before I'd go marching over there to raise hell.

REMEMBER: My parents are the ones who had 500 ft. of their trees (150 trees) destroyed by a neighbor because he wanted to maintain his view, so he had some guy jump the fence into my parents' property and cut them down 1/2 way up. THAT is a good example of a bad neighbor.
Seattle, WA.

Last edited by COBALT; 05-22-2003 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:39 PM   #89
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

Quote:
Originally posted by cdowns
can't help but notice that some of the most vigorous support comes frome the younger sector!! maybe after moving out of mommy and daddys house and working and saving for 20-30 years and having a couple of hundred thousand dollars invested in a nice house and neighborhood they'll change their tune!! that's what i did, and yes i'd call to complain if one of my neigbors was doing something to adversley affect the value of my investment!! but it wouldn't just be the police i'd also make calls to whoever holds the mortage on the property, whoever issues the insurance on the property the EPA and any other agency to bring maximum pressure to bear to protect my investment!!! the way i look at it it's just like stealing from me!! I've always managed to persue my old car and cycle hobby without infringing on other peoples rights and would expect that same consideration and respect from others!!!!!!!!!!!
yup and youre the kind of guy that wakes up one morning to find...."JACKASS" written in deadgrass from the bleach the guy next door dumped on youre lawn at 2 oclock in the morning,,ha ha ha
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2003, 07:50 PM   #90
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

how would ya like that huh ?,, theres youre respect sitting on 4 flat tires with orange rims,, i like it,, i bought it,, and it will sit there until im tired of it,, stripped it ,, or sold it,, and ill be damned if johnny law is going to come by and tell me i cant have it because it looks like hammered hell,, and personally i think this thing still looks better than anything cadillac has turned out in the past 5 years, that 58 has perfect glass,, numbers matching 283 and a powerglide and an absolute slough of great parts left on it,, tell me to move it,, and ill tell you,, PAY ME ,, AND YOU CAN TAKE IT ANYWHERE YOU WANT IT,,,i paid for it,,its titled and its going nowhere till i say so,, and if my neighbors dont like it,, stop driving past my house
Old 05-22-2003, 08:03 PM   #91
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

oh yeah ,, and my new 72,, im not calling you a name,,just merely insulting you thats all,, and i never said my neighbors hate me,, i have all elderly neighbors,, and they all think i am the greatest thing sionce sliced bread,, i fix theyre vehicles for them ,, help them farm when needed,, take them mushrooms and catfish when i have them ,, at least once a week i have at least one of my neighbors stop in and just sit oput in the yard and drink iced tea and they love to look over my cars and trucks and tell me storys of ,,"I DROVE ONE JUST LIKE THAT TO MY SENIOR PROM" they come to me with alot of theyre needs and i help them in every way possible,, there is one neighbor down the road from me about a 1/2 mile who called the law on me once,,when he first moved here from chicago,, i had a 68 3/4 ton 4wd with a 396 and open headers,, my brothe had an 83 3/4 ton 4x with a 468 and open headers,, we were out in the road doing telephone pole hole shots and he didnt like the noise... the cops came out,, bet me i couldnt roll smoke off of my 38's,, and then went and told my neighbor we werent hurting anything,,, that same neighbor figured if he cant beat us ,join us,, he know has a 78 ford short step with a hopped 390 and 44 inch boggers,, thats the kind of neighbor i want ,,,,,,, ha ha ha,, oh yeah and oone more thing,, byquoting my signature and saying that i need to look it over you are pretty much calling me an idiot,, then at the bottom of youre post it says children call names,,so are you saying youre a child or what ? i cant follow you here
Old 05-22-2003, 08:12 PM   #92
cdowns

MAC 67 that's a nice piece of rural property you have a picture of YOU OWN THAT??? or still liviv the hard life with mommy and daddy?????
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
Old 05-22-2003, 08:14 PM   #93
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

Quote:
Originally posted by jku72
cddowns,
While true I am not an old grumpy man yet, I do in fact have nearly 200k invested in my property. I also happen to believe in ones own property rights, and dont believe that just because someone doesnt like the looks of a neighbors yard, that they should have carte blanche to dictate how it should look.
You know what, my nieghbor is making a gravel pit out of his back yard. It sucks, but you know what? Its his land. While some like you might go running to the law to demand that others conform to your particluar tastes of what things YOU FEEL LIKE they should be, I realize that it's HIS land, NOT MINE.
Personally, I think commie fascist nieghbors do more to bring down quality of life than a junk car ever could.
Dont like it? Dont look at it.
to me,,, this man jku72 said it best,,he said what the majority of us are trying to say,, if you people are worried about property value then go find a spot up on WALTON MOUNTAIN EXCLUDED FROM ANY NEIGHBORS,, THEN YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PROPERTY VALUE,,, no one will be around you, im sure you could find a 5 acre tract of timber for 10.000 ,, and a nice house built for 75,000 ,, i am still way short of 200.000 ,, then ya could be totally secluded and by youre self,, sorry i keep getting side tracked,,, well put jku 72 ,, best ive read on here so far
Old 05-22-2003, 08:17 PM   #94
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

yup ,, 5 acres of it are mine,, bought and paid for, but"MOMMY AND DADDY" DO LIVE ACROSS THE HAY FIELD FROM ME"",, dont be jelous downs just because youre probaby one of those guys that got a house broke off in his a** for a couple 100 thousand,,
Old 05-22-2003, 08:19 PM   #95
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

NEVER ASSUME CDOWNS ,, U JUST MAKE AN ASS OUT OF U AND ME,,HAHAHA
Old 05-22-2003, 08:23 PM   #96
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

OH YEAH ,, AND I MUST GIVE THANKS TO WORN,, YOU HAVE POSTED THE BEST THREAD I HAVE EVER SEEN ,, THIS IS THE FIRST REALL GOOD DEBATE I HAVE GOTTEN INVOLVED IN SINCE I GOT HERE
Old 05-22-2003, 09:08 PM   #97
Grim Reaper

Well I was going to side on the side of the neighbor BEFORE I saw the before picture. If the truck had been apart for a year then yeah I could see the beef but since it was a ongoing current project...WHAT AN A$$ that guy is.

I'm the guy on my street with a ton of stuff in the yard. I have a blown 12 bolt hid up by the fence, a cargo trailer on oneside of the house. A 1959 22ft Airstream I'm about to take apart to replace the floor. 3 vehicles in the drive all the time including the last project that took a year to complete when replacing the floors. Then there is the pontiac in the Garage and spare body parts behind the house.

Now I do talk to my neighbors and make a point to make sure I'm approchable so that if they have a issue they will talk to me. The fact that I have fixed a few of their cars and mowed their lawns a few times also helps.

Now the heat is off me...everybody is pissed at the new neighbor with the dogs penned in the front yard that bark non stop when she is gone and when she is home the barking is interupted by her screaming for them to shut up. I timed it. THe one dog barked almost non stop for 2 hours. The neighbors are pissed and so am I. Our street was very quiet till 2 weeks ago. I printed up a advertisement for one of those training collars that shocks the dog when they bark and will be dropping it in her mail box. Unfortunalty I sold the truck with the 40 series flowmasters the weekend she moved in or I would be seranading her all day long (she works nights).

More power to you! I'd loan you some fence material if I was closer.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:24 PM   #98
my new 72
faster, faster, faster

Quote:
SOMBODY GET THESE GUYS SOME WARM MILK AND A BINKY,, I THINK ITS TIME FOR THE CRYBABYS NAPS!!!!!!!
It sure looks like your calling me and a few others crybabys. An insult is an insult. And I didn't call you anything, read it as you wish, but I never out and out called you anything. You quoted me first and decided to take my words personaly, if you don't like what I have to say then so be it, but name calling is just uncalled for, especially since you are half way across the country and can't say it to my face.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:35 PM   #99
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

i will agree there josh,, name calling is uncalled for ,, but trust me ,, id give anything to be standing face to face

mac
Old 05-22-2003, 09:37 PM   #100
my new 72
faster, faster, faster

Well your NOT, so drop it.