The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
dutchmanz
Knuckle Buster, Instructor

My Latest Toy - 72 K5 Blazer CST

First, a little back story........ I have wanted a first gen Blazer since I can remember. It started early because I remember driving thru town with my mom as a small child and seeing one parked beside a garage every single time we went by. That lasted till I was a teen and it disappeared one day. I had planned to stop that Friday after work to try and buy it. I was too late. Fast forward to 5 years ago. I spot another Blazer behind a house in the weeds. It took several weeks of riding by but I stopped and eventually tracked down the owner. It was his project that came from California. He was a military man and left it at his granddads place while he stationed in another state. He gave me a crazy price and I decided it wasn't forsale. 5 years of looking at it sit untouched were killing me. I looked at it every day on the way to and from work. I tried to find others but no luck. I decided to call the owner again. He remembered me since I called several times over the years. We discussed price again and I liked this one. I put my Impala SS up for sale and a few weeks later.... I own a first gen Blazer AND it's Hugger Orange!!

More about the Blazer. Its a 1972 with the CST package. It has a GM 350 HO crate engine with less than 1000 miles. After the new engine swap, the trans gave up so the PO bought a TCI and started the swap. He got stationed several states away and never finished it. He was doing several things at once too. It has a almost completely installed Painless wiring harness and a mostly installed 37 gal steel fuel tank (fortunately it never had gas put in it). My time so far has been spent finishing those 3 major items and cleaning, lots of cleaning! My plan is to get it running and enjoy it. The rockers are shot but that's really about it for rust. The rust will get fixed, but I don't want to paint it all over. I like the character it has. The Blazer came with 2 totes and a cab full of parts. I also have a Kayline soft top for it that looks new. Here are a few pics after pressuring washing it in the rain the day I got it home. Figured I was going to be wet anyway...
Attached Images

53 Studebaker M35 w/331 Reo gas I-6, Air Force Strata Blue
dutchmanz is offline   Reply With Quote