The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-14-2009, 01:03 AM   #1
Big J'72 GMC

"Mistress" due date??????

Bought the truck when I was 17 to restore, that was 5 years and 2 kids ago, so needless to say she spent sometime beside my aunts barn, went out to sell it a couple weeks ago, when I told my 2.5 yr old boy we were selling the truck, he was sittin in the drivers seat, slammed the dorr and just started saying "NO, My TRUCK" didnt have to heart to sell it on him. So now its in my buddies garage just about to get sandblasted. Been searchin this forum for over a year, finally glad to through my own Build thread up. any advice is more then welcome, nothing is set in stone as for final goal, I know i want it jacked up tho, Gotta represent for my fellow Canadians. Will post more pics soon, heres some before i finished tearing it down
Big J'72 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:14 AM   #2
heidesign

Re: "Mistress" due date??????

they did not post bud.
heidesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
nuke1

sounds good, glad to se a fellow canuck on here, can not wait to see pics, and yah after the little one would have said that, there is no way i would have the heart to sell it also.
J.J.R.H. Design & Consulting

My 68`Rebuild "HAVOC": http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=316300
A 58' chev build thread: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=311238
1969 Camaro Pro Touring http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...61#post3513361
Swiss Cheese: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=384390
Adjustable Trailing Arm How-To: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=321100
1968 Ford Farm Truck: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6555587
nuke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
Big J'72 GMC

sorry guys, for some reason this is the only one i could get up, will get ya'll more soon
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2009, 01:43 AM   #5
Big J'72 GMC

Sorry for the ****ty pics guys, will get some decent ones this weekend, now I need some expertise from the truck gods, was gonna use POR-15 on my frame, is they're anything not mentioned I should know about, or some tricks to applying it? also what my best bet to get a decent tranny to bolt right in? found a 327 out of a '71 c-10, but I dont wanna put back in the 3 speed, but don't really wanna mess around with making a new mounting bracket, any ideas?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #6
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

POR-15 works great but like any coating/paint, your metal needs to be very clean. That's the hard part. Get all the dirt, grease and grime off the frame, wash it, scrap any loose rust off, wipe down with a good wax/grease remover and start applying. Make sure you wear gloves and put down a drop cloth on the floor. Make sure you don't get it on anything you don't want it on. I have used foam rollers and brushes to put it on and it works great. Good luck and post pics.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
chevy_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:55 AM   #7
Big J'72 GMC

Its 2:15 am where I live, just got home from working on the truck, everything is completely stripped down, waiting to be blasted later on today or tommarrow, sorry about the lack of pics guys, my camera broke, but my buddy did have one, so hopefully if I have sometime between when i wake up and get back at it I'll thro the pic sup, need sleep, all I hear is grinding and ratcheting lol.....p.s. will toss and turn all night thinking about whats under that paint, looks scary in a couple spots, but I did pull my pants up and remove the glass myself, and of course I great group of buddies, one of which whos actually leaving his '67 mustang outside all summer so my baby can have her spot in his garage, night folks, will update tommarrow
Old 05-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Hey Big J.....
Welcome to the boards....and good luck with your build....please post pics when you can....we LOVE pictures around here!!!....

By the way....Project Mistress is my project name too...I guess everyone should have one!!!LOL

You can click on my build thread in my signature to see her....she's a beauty!!!....Have fun and keep us posted!!!

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #9
jay-dawg
chevelito

Always a good thing for a child to light the fire under daddy's pants. lol.

re: por15...I did mine and didn't topcoat it and is now fading. I recommend it gets a topcoat. If I had to do it over again, I'd do the Eastwood rust encapsulator, then chassis black. But that's my experience.

Aloha from Honolulu, HI
jay-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #10
Big J'72 GMC

Hey guys sorry for the lack of pics, have to get a new memory card for the camera, and it just doesnt seem as too be as important as truck parts lol, thanks for the tips on Por15, I'm goin with the silver for my frame, dont know how that could fade......and dont think I'm gonna get near as much sun as you Jay-Dawg, I may eat those words someday tho, lol thanx for the replies guys, will have pics for you all as soon as possible. That being said, my deal for a sandblaster feel through so the cab is sitting at the side of my buddies shop, waiting to be joined by the box and rad support which I'm picking up on the 20th of june, should give me looks of time to get the chassis done, at least with engine mounted in it, if not running with any luck
Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
Big J'72 GMC

NEED HELP, got the frame all stripped down, just the front cross member is left on, with the front suspension components still on, gotta put a new cross member in for the tranny, should i hold off on puttin the POR15 on till I got all that settled?
Old 05-26-2009, 07:32 AM   #12
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Nah...go ahead and POR 15 what you got, if you need something to do while you wait on the X-member....then POR 15 the X-member when you get it....that'll only mean you gotta paint twice though!!!

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote