The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
jrdamien

'50 Chevy 3100 on S10 Asking Price *Update

I had previously posted about this truck I've found and wanted to ask ya'll for some more help/direction.

To recap: it's a '50 body w/ '48 rear fenders. Very complete, very straight, all metal/no bondo/no patching body, front and bed. The cab is already mounted on the s10 frame. Likewise the radiator is mounted. All the fabrication from the cab forward is done. All the metal ahead of the cab is just hanging but the radiator support has been fabbed and is in place. The s10 frame has already been cut.

It comes with the s10 4.3 v6 and the 4 speed manual trans. The interior of the cab is stripped. No gauges, no handles, but it has bucket seats.

The box needs mounting. There are no bed boards or rails (not a concern).

He was asking 4500. I have him at 3500. I am certain he'll take 3k.

He now has a title for it. He also has boxes of parts - lights, trim, etc.

My concern is this: it was a relatives project that he was given to store. Relative never got it (there's a whole story). So I only know what has been done and nothing else. The motor is mounted and everything from the steering to the drivetrain is in place but nothing is wired.

Is this even worth 3k with so many unknowns? I would think the body alone would be but I do not know and don't want to flush 3k away.

I did look very close at the work done. The body is mounted well on good fabricated mounts and welded well. Whoever fabbed the radiator mount did it well and cleverly.

Opinions, gents?
jrdamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
racer357

Re: '50 Chevy 3100 on S10 Asking Price *Update

Value is in the eye of the beholder. The truck I bought is someone else's aborted project and there are aspects of it I love, and there are parts I wish I cold afford to push in the river and start over.

The value can only be determined by your level of commitment to building a truck. As you an research, finished trucks bring anywhere from 1500.00 to 50,000.00 depending on how bad the next guy in line wants it! LOL
racer357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
missinfishin10
Amazed Member

If it were closer to me and I knew about it... I'd be on my way to get it.

Sounds like the hard works done.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
OrrieG

Does the titled owner know it is being sold; i.e. signed the title and bill of sale? If not you could be finishing someone elses truck!
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrieG View Post
Does the titled owner know it is being sold; i.e. signed the title and bill of sale? If not you could be finishing someone elses truck!
That would be my question. Is the titled owner the seller or is the owner willing to come to the sale and sign a bill of sale. If its a shaky title deal and you end up with 25k into it you could end up giving it back and getting nothing for it.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
klutz51

I the title is clear for sale I would go for it!!!!!!!!!!
klutz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
mr48chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrieG View Post
Exactly, I'd have to make sure that the relative knew it was being sold and that said relative had indeed signed the title. The last thing you want is to have that relative show up at your house with the sheriff in tow and claim that the seller wasn't authorized to sell the truck and that the guy with his name on the title hadn't signed the title himself.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
jrdamien

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
Exactly, I'd have to make sure that the relative knew it was being sold and that said relative had indeed signed the title. The last thing you want is to have that relative show up at your house with the sheriff in tow and claim that the seller wasn't authorized to sell the truck and that the guy with his name on the title hadn't signed the title himself.
Absolutely. I wouldn't buy it unless it were signed over to me by and signed by title holder.

But assuming I'll get clear title, is this a good deal even missing all the things it is missing?
Old 10-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #9
N.T.Q

I think 3 or 3 1/2 is a good price I have all that this truck has and I did not mount any thing yet on the s10 frame, and also I bought 2 trucks to make one and I'm at about $ 3,000 and need Hard line and some other things
N.T.Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
_Ogre

half finished projects usually need to be stripped down and redone.
you have to ask why? why isn't the front clip installed? why isn't the motor in?
they may not fit.
unless you get a smoking deal and plan to start over, i'd run away screaming like a little girl.
clear title is imperative, as orrieg stated; you may be building someone else's truck.

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #11
jrdamien

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
half finished projects usually need to be stripped down and redone.
you have to ask why? why isn't the front clip installed? why isn't the motor in?
they may not fit.
unless you get a smoking deal and plan to start over, i'd run away screaming like a little girl.
clear title is imperative, as orrieg stated; you may be building someone else's truck.
The motor is installed. The project wasn't finished because the person who's truck it was got cleaned out in a divorce and left the country, so the story goes.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
klutz51

Clean title..........DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
klutz51 is offline   Reply With Quote