The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-09-2016, 07:36 PM   #1
Zorro1958

Hello from Taylorsville KY

Hello everyone...
I now have a '68 C10... which I hope to enjoy in the near future....
Sold my '58 Apache after changing jobs.

I know I already have too much invested, but I ready to go even further (some anyways - pocketbook get dry at times) because I really enjoy the truck.

I hope to be on the road fairly soon. I need a motor, some smaller parts, and advise, so I hope to find some good stuff here.

a few pics attached... Any or all comments welcomed.

Thanks for allowing me in to the group.
Attached Images

Zorro1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:49 PM   #2
my56chevytruck

Re: Hello from Taylorsville KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro1958 View Post
Hello everyone...
I now have a '68 C10... which I hope to enjoy in the near future....
Sold my '58 Apache after changing jobs.

I know I already have too much invested, but I ready to go even further (some anyways - pocketbook get dry at times) because I really enjoy the truck.

I hope to be on the road fairly soon. I need a motor, some smaller parts, and advise, so I hope to find some good stuff here.

a few pics attached... Any or all comments welcomed.

Thanks for allowing me in to the group.
Zorro, a bit of free advice, never EVER admit you invested too much, you'll get us all in a heep of trouble. lol. nice ride for sure, Welcome!!! did you buy the truck as is or has it been restored as is. I am finishing my bed wood so I really like yours. very very nice.
my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:05 PM   #3
Zorro1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by my56chevytruck View Post
Zorro, a bit of free advice, never EVER admit you invested too much, you'll get us all in a Heep of trouble. lol. nice ride for sure, Welcome!!! did you buy the truck as is or has it been restored as is. I am finishing my bed wood so I really like yours. very very nice.
Hahahaha... yes, good advise. Unfortunately, I have the opposite problem from most. I have to self-control my spending - my wife always says "You made it, spend it how you want to".... Sometimes, I probably should have someone monitoring that aspect... Oh well. I try.

I actually got this truck at a good price. But I got talked into buying this hot-rod engine (replacing a 6 cyl) + other stuff...... Lot's of $$$$, and now, I don't like it. I'm just not a hotrod guy... I want nice and smooth. :-) Hardly wants to idle (lopes - high test gas - 500+ HP - etc...)...

So now, I'm looking to getting a new crate engine... that should be this spring/summer if all goes well. Last year it was a new roof, the year before was a new HCAV unit.... I haven't drove it 100 miles since installed.

The truck was a forestry vehicle. The original miles are just over 67,000. It was the standard green 'National Park vehicle'... The guy I bought it from had been restoring it, and then had a heart attack. A few shortcuts were made on the final steps (no back bumper, not original tail lights, etc...). But overall, I thought it was something I could tinker with (in my limited mechanical world)... Til I got with the engine deal. Ah well, I've said more than intended. I hope to sell my engine to a 'Rodder', and purchase a nice replacement. Get my time behind the wheel - :-) That's what I am looking towards.

The bed wood (in my opinion) is deceiving in photo. It needs to be redone (sanded and stain/poly).. But that is something I can do - :-D

Too wordy... I hope that doesn't give me bad marks. Thanks for the comments.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:17 PM   #4
raggedjim

Nice looking truck. I know what you mean about the engine. As I get older I prefer a dependable engine over the hot ones, makes for less drama in my life.

Good luck, Rg

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:47 PM   #5
flashed

Nice truck you have there .Summit usually has the best prices on GM crate motors with free delivery .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #6
Zorro1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
Nice looking truck. I know what you mean about the engine. As I get older I prefer a dependable engine over the hot ones, makes for less drama in my life.

Good luck, Rg
Thank you... There is a lot I want to do, but the engine is the top priority.
Rear Bumper
Spare Tire Mount
Speedometer Gear
RPM Converter
and the list goes on. But, that's part of the fun.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:30 AM   #7
Zorro1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Nice truck you have there .Summit usually has the best prices on GM crate motors with free delivery .
Yes. I am looking into Summit, and Jegs. Mainly, waiting to see if the guy wanting to buy my engine can come up with the money. I had told him "no hurry", but that may have been a mistake. Now, with no specific deadline, I'm not sure he gets my issue. I'm going to tell him he has until June before I list it elsewhere. I don't really want to take it out until I know it's sold (so I can run it for another potential buyer if needed).
Old 05-10-2016, 11:15 PM   #8
my56chevytruck

Hey zorro, let me suggest an idea. mention to your potential engine buyer you've had an interest from someone else and he needs to let you know ASAP, maybe that'll get him to make a decision. if he's serious about buying, then he'll jump, if not, then he wasn't serious to begin with. Rear bumper or rear roll pan? Just my opinion but the back end of your truck looks clean as is.
my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote