The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2022, 11:02 PM   #1
mccollum007

My 70 Build

Hey guys, just wanted to go ahead and start this thread so I can show my progress and keep everyone updated as move farther along with it. I've grown up around old cars my entire life as both my dad and grandfather have restored cars since before most of these trucks rolled off the assembly line. This truck will be the first chance I've had to truly restore a vehicle of my own and it will be no small undertaking to say the least. I picked this truck up in the hills of Northern Arkansas last fall. It seems to have been a project someone either lost interest in or got overwhelmed with after disassembling and left it for dead. Both rockers and the floor pan had significant rust and the cab corners both needed attention as well but the frame was surprisingly clean as was the rest of the cab. The floor pan has now been replaced and the rockers and cab corners have been tacked in but not final welded yet. We've had a heck of a time getting these patch panels squared up and fitting just like they should. Anyways hopefully I can keep y'all updated as I move through bringing this old truck back to life!
Attached Images

mccollum007 is offline   Reply With Quote