The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-04-2002, 04:44 AM   #1
Rabid

Angry Need help finding leak

Allright, I know this is a bit off but I need some advice on possible locations to search for this leak. I have a leak somewhere on the passenger side of my cab that allows water in. It somehow makes its way in and settles on the floor right at the base of the passenger kick panel. I've looked at the windshield seal and it is working perfectly. I removed the cowl and cleaned all the leaves and sh!t out of there plus made sure all is secure with the antenna area. I have run out of places to look with this leak. Any of you guys or gals find any other areas that water can enter the cab near this area?
Rabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 09:11 AM   #2
hanssolo

rabid- I had leaks everytime it rained on both sides. The windshield gasket can be a nasty culprit. I used silicone sealer on the windshield gasket(glass and frame lips). I did same under cowling where ever there was any seams holes. Most seemed to be in the windshield gasket. It is fairly new but pre-owner probably did'nt use the sealer enuff or properly. I had to work the windshield gasket 4 times before I got rid of leaks. P.S. While under cowling I sprayed undercoating so it could'nt rust there any more.
Old 07-04-2002, 09:38 AM   #3
MOTHERTRUCKERS

Lots of places to look on these trucks, close the door and roll up the window on that side and have someone wet it down outside with a slow trickle while your inside checking with a flashlight. Start low at heater box then go to top firewall lip seam then cowl seam then fender bolts at cowl and so on till you find the source. The drip rail front corner is usually prone to leaking down the inside of the windshield post also if it has not been resealed over the years. LOL
Old 07-04-2002, 10:41 AM   #4
tom hand
CCRider

Check the vent on that side. Reach your hand in there and pull out the 30 years of pine needles and leaves. Mine was rusted right agaist the seam in the floor and would leak.
Old 07-04-2002, 09:13 PM   #5
Sinister
Between Trucks...

check your heater core as well...