The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
76stepside

Wiring harness questions

I have an 8.1L 4l80e in my 76. I just got my wiring harness and computer from Howell Engineering... what is everyone using as a grommet thru the firewall for the wiring harness? Where are you taking it thru the firewall? Also what are you using for mass air flow (stock sensor or one from a company like JET)? Any help with any of this would be great. Also did anyone have any issues with the harness being tight or just a little short in a few areas? Thanks!
Old 10-09-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
67C10BUB

Re: Wiring harness questions

I wrapped my harness with convoluted tubing and passed it through the firewall using a PCV/breather grommet with the same ID.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

the HELP! tree's in most parts stores have a few different grommets you can check out. I actually was able to re-use an existing grommet for my main trunk of wiring, but bought a few smaller ones for the other pass throughs I have.

Places like Parker that sell fittings and hose usually also carry some grommets.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
76stepside

Ok that gives me some ideas for a grommet but where in the firewall need you pass thru, directly behind the intake or one side or the other. The engine that I got is a crate engine and Ive pieced everything together so far so there has been no extra parts to reuse so to speak. Just wondering what everyone has been doing. I know that the computer is meant to go under the hood but Im wanting to clean that up and smooth most of it out. Thats why I want it inside. Thanks again fellows!