The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #26
cflvulcan

Re: My 69 Stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio rios View Post
looks great keep up the good work , what zize wheels and tires do you have in the back
thanks, 18"x9" wheels and 255/55r18 tires...

Last edited by cflvulcan; 01-05-2008 at 01:41 PM.
cflvulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:47 PM   #27
cflvulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed1 View Post
The build is coming along nicely even with the set backs and delays. I know all about the girlfriend/wife deals and how projects get sidetracked because of them.

OFF TOPIC but....
I sold a really nice 68 Nova I built from the ground up after pulling it from a field after my divorce...I had pulled the engine and tranny to do a backhalf job with narrowed Dana 60 and hand built rear section by my Dad and I with ladder bars and coil overs and aluminum work from the frt seats back. Once the separation and divorce were going on the car sat with no engine or tranny and a 90% completed back half job on it and never got to race it like that. After the divorce I decided to sell the car minus engine/tranny so I could buy a boat me and my 2 sons ages 5-15 could use instead of me having a race car. After a year at a job I had making great money I wished I would have never sold the car but like the 3 years my sons and I had with our boat at the lake.
yeah last year i debated on selling this truck cause i just painted it and it sat in my driveway for about 9 months untouched cause of girlfriend issues. but i came thru with it. i got about 4 months worth of driving it this year. i just recently decided to take it back apart again to change it up cause im bored of the way it looks already, lol. im with a girl now that enjoys the truck hobby so im making out good, thanks...
Old 01-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #28
slammed1
1972 Chevrolet SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflvulcan View Post
yeah last year i debated on selling this truck cause i just painted it and it sat in my driveway for about 9 months untouched cause of girlfriend issues. but i came thru with it. i got about 4 months worth of driving it this year. i just recently decided to take it back apart again to change it up cause im bored of the way it looks already, lol. im with a girl now that enjoys the truck hobby so im making out good, thanks...
Thats awesome to hear you kept it and the new gf enjoys the hobby.

I got re-married even though I told myself I never would but my wife now loves automobiles and making them unique just like me. She bought a 2003 Mach1 the same graphite color as my Ram while we were dating and we still have the car,she is a keeper definitely,and yes Im talkin about the wife even though the car aint bad either.

I have a truck Im working on too that I am bonding a 4" cowl scoop to and was pleased to see you did the same.I will be watching your progress.

1972 Chevrolet 1/2 ton short wide bed,68 frt clip Project.
1980 Camaro Inherited when father passed,68K Miles
2003 Ford Mach1 FUN as Hell!!
2002 Dodge Ram 5-8 slam Rolling BillBoard (Gone not forgot)
2004 Dodge Ram HEMI 10" lifted on 37's and 2wd.
slammed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #29
cflvulcan

well i havent made any progress on it cause i kinda lost interest and i ran out of money. everytime i put something on it, its wrong or it doesnt fit and is gonna cost me more money i dont have. i opted not to do the 57 chevy dash because: 1. i found pics of one molded into a 72. 2. theres so much rust, i sandblasted and theres not alot of workable metal. so i got a couple sheets of 18 gauge steel and gonna see what me and my friend come up in the next few weeks. and i acquired a vintage air a/c unit for my truck in trade for fixing bedsides for my cousin 71 c10, which ill be posting pics of soon. but anyways sorry for no progress...

i bought these headers over the summer and they dont fit...kinda irritated me.

heres one of the bedsides ive been working on...

and heres what i found under about a 1/4 inch thick of duraglass...
Old 02-09-2008, 11:06 AM   #30
insanebehavior
Account Suspended

that 57 dash is pretty cool. i bought one off of ebay and thought about putting it in my truck. i also have a 58 impala dash. i havn't got the nerve to cut out my dash yet. are you going to put the 57 hardware on your dash? my idea on mine was to weld most everything up so that it was smooth. looks good
insanebehavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #31
cflvulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanebehavior View Post
that 57 dash is pretty cool. i bought one off of ebay and thought about putting it in my truck. i also have a 58 impala dash. i havn't got the nerve to cut out my dash yet. are you going to put the 57 hardware on your dash? my idea on mine was to weld most everything up so that it was smooth. looks good
yeah i was gonna weld everything up so it was smooth. cutting it out was the easy part. i could of drilled out the spotwelds but i took out the dash once before and then spotwelded it back in. so the welds were burning up my drill bits, so i just sawzalled it out. i cut about two inches forward of where the dashpad goes so i have some metal to work with. but i think im gonna make my own dash now, i got a pretty good idea of what i wanna do with it. and man i looked at your truck, i wish mine could look as nice, good job!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #32
cflvulcan

some progress...

i wish i had more pics on how i sectioned it before i welded the patch in. i did it on my lunch hour at work. any opinions? ill take more pics in the truck...

Last edited by cflvulcan; 02-14-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #33
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

I kinda lke it! I looks like you slid the glove box end over to make the gauge housing. Where will you hide all your gizmos? I'd like to see it in the truck...

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:13 PM   #34
slammed1
1972 Chevrolet SWB

That dash set up looks cool,cant wait to see it done up.

I had toyed with an idea of using an extra glove box door for a custom dash bezel.

1972 Chevrolet 1/2 ton short wide bed,68 frt clip Project.
1980 Camaro Inherited when father passed,68K Miles
2003 Ford Mach1 FUN as Hell!!
2002 Dodge Ram 5-8 slam Rolling BillBoard (Gone not forgot)
2004 Dodge Ram HEMI 10" lifted on 37's and 2wd.
slammed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:36 AM   #35
cflvulcan

yeah i had to use the outside end of the glove box. i didnt realize that center part of the dash wasnt as deep as the rest until i started cutting. but measure twice, cut once and it fits like was suppose to be there...

im not sure where im gonna put all my gizmos but there i do have a nice pouch on the back side of the passenger seat...
Old 02-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #36
cflvulcan

well heres some progress pics not much so get too excited. havent had much time to work on it lately.

i started putting in stainless hardware everywhere i possible could...

heres the dash bolted in place. ill be happy to hear any opinions. cause im still not sure what direction im going in...

Im not sure where to place the cd player yet. maybe make it match my tailgate??

or maybe???

this is another project ive been working on for my girlfriend until tonight...hahaha. she said she left me to clear head but shes coming back, haha. dont mean to get into personal stuff but maybe she just wanted to date me to get her bike painted??? idk.

this is what it looks like now, it might be the way she gets it back...

sorry for the long post but im OPEN TO ALL OPINIONS ON THE DASH. thanks...