The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2015, 02:17 AM   #1
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

I need a womans point of veiw?

My daughter inlaw, shows up at my house, with my grandson....& 1 of her ex boyfriends. What do I think.....I want to stick a shive in that mo fo, the dude don't belong in their world? Every time that Zack is at work, & the crazy woman needs or wants something, she calls Lee.....but they are just friends now! Help, with a woman's point of view. Please explain to me...this old rooster, don't want another rooster in my "hen house'....Doudt if my son does either? Is my kid a sissy....I would have kicked her azz to the curb? Longhorn
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:44 AM   #2
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Re: I need a womans point of veiw?

I'm not a woman but I'll give my advice. Offer to watch kid while she deals with her own life. She needs to see her family and/or straighten it out with hr husband. It's not your problem
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:38 AM   #3
crazy longhorn

I hear you brother, it is not my problem....but it will be, when the 'fruit loop" woman puts my son into a f ing triangle....& the kid goes flat off? I thank you for your thoughts....I know its not my bizz, but I love my son! I have seen people get killed over that kind of mess, & do not want my son there....longhorn
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
Old 07-07-2015, 10:52 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Fact is, no matter what, this is not right of her. If it's innocent, she sure has poor judgement.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:53 AM   #5
71swb4x4

When I was in college I was great friends with my ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend. We are still friends.
She moved on to someone else (#3) and married him, and I employed him (#3) for a couple years. I still take him out to eat once-in-a-while.
Did she give you a reason to doubt her? If not, give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:30 AM   #6
crazy longhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Fact is, no matter what, this is not right of her. If it's innocent, she sure has poor judgement.
My thoughts, also! I have a couple old girl friends, that my wife of 32 yrs has met.....altho we were friends, as we parted, I do not, & will not try to spend time with them. I love/respect my wife. I don't have a problem, with a cup of coffee, in passing....just an O, how are you? However, I will not try to make the meet.....my wife is FOREVER longhorn
Old 07-07-2015, 01:07 PM   #7
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

It's one thing to "meet up" with an old friend/ex at a restaurant, it's another to be "riding around with." So what did they do with all that free time after the kid was dropped off?
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:40 PM   #8
crazy longhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
It's one thing to "meet up" with an old friend/ex at a restaurant, it's another to be "riding around with." So what did they do with all that free time after the kid was dropped off?
My thoughts also.....If she did not respect my son enough to let the last guy go, why are they married? Its my spot to stay out of....I just hope that it does not go crooked, & some dude gets a cap busted in his dumb azz
Old 07-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #9
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I'm not a female but something smells a little fishy here (pun intended ). Does your son know about this? If he doesn't he should.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:53 PM   #10
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

Something isn't right with that !
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #11
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

all im going to say is that its not your problem... If your son knows this is going on, then its on him to put the kibosh on it if he desires.... Do I personally think its wrong yes Would I stand for it if it was me Hell no! I would casually snap a photo of this so its not turned into you being the bad guy, alert your son and let the kid handle it from there.... You cant live your life for your kid once hes grown up... he may not know they are hanging out ( or in) and as long as he is fine with it you have to sit by idly and watch it until he wakes up and smells the proverbial coffee.
I will also say im quite jaded and trust nothing that I don't see with my own eyes and even then sometimes I doubt that

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:01 PM   #12
truckster

In my world, once someone is married, there's no room for anyone else. Old friends who are guys, ex-boyfriends, ex-husbands, etc. should not be around unless the husband is there and is OK with it. And the same goes the other way for him.
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:03 PM   #13
cableguy0

Grab your boy and go talk. See if he knows the deal or if he is just ignoring it hoping it will go away or whatever. Hanging out while hes not around is a red flag. If I were in your boys shoes. She would be free to be with her ex again as soon as he got out of the hospital if anything past a completely innocent friendship was going on. The big problem is her hanging with the ex while your boy isn't around. This doesn't pass the smell test.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:45 PM   #14
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68C15 View Post
I'm not a woman but ......
Quote:
Fact is ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
When I was in college ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
It's one thing to "meet up" ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I'm not a female ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrorob View Post
Someth ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
all im going to say is ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
In my world ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Grab your boy and go talk ......
Still waitin' for a woman's point of view

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:59 PM   #15
DPowers
One foot in front of the other

How old is your grandson?
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:12 PM   #16
crazy longhorn

My grandson is 5 months old, just starting to get some personality ! For the guys that have asked, yes my son does know about the situation....& I believe he has voiced his views to the wife? I have to stay out of the mess, unless the kid asks for advice, but feel that this is a recipe for disaster! Zach's older brother has been through this type deal, & may have some good advice for him (when the time comes)? Longhorn
Old 07-08-2015, 05:55 PM   #17
fun in dirt

I'm a woman! It could be innocent at first, but probably won't be if it keeps going.
Us women like attention, so if not getting it at home may start confiding in someone else, and so it could lead to other stuff. A woman should respect her husband enough to not get close (emotionally) to any other man. The husband should realize this & treat her so that she doesn't go looking. If she does anyway... well she's a slut & he's better off without her!
'06 Silverado SS...DD
'06 C1500 WT...DD
'07 Classic C1500 WT...DD
Built & sold cause can't keep 'em all:
'72 Blazer "The Bucket" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=433190
'55 Chevy straight axle gasser https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173938
'69 Pro Street Chevelle http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332541
'86 M1031 CUCV http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=553619
fun in dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:47 PM   #18
DPowers
One foot in front of the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun in dirt View Post
I'm a woman! It could be innocent at first, but probably won't be if it keeps going.
Us women like attention, so if not getting it at home may start confiding in someone else, and so it could lead to other stuff. A woman should respect her husband enough to not get close (emotionally) to any other man. The husband should realize this & treat her so that she doesn't go looking. If she does anyway... well she's a slut & he's better off without her!
Well there you go.

And while I agree about staying out of their business, bringing someone into your home makes it your business and I think you are well within your rights to tell all three of them what you think. Hope it all works out.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:09 PM   #19
crazy longhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun in dirt View Post
I thank you for your thoughts, & do agree with the pay attention to the little gal. He has done that....whatever she wants! He cant say no? But this is something that she refuses to give up....she thinks it ok to stay at Lee's house, & watch the super bowl with all the guys? Maybe like you say, it is innocent now, but how will it go in the future? Its a pc of her past, that I don't feel that she has let go....need that "fall guy", just incase this don't work Feel free to respond on that, I will listen & do understand, That I cannot mess with the problem. It would really "bust" this old man to have my son hating me....Longhorn
Old 07-08-2015, 11:25 PM   #20
crazy longhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
Well there you go.

And while I agree about staying out of their business, bringing someone into your home makes it your business and I think you are well within your rights to tell all three of them what you think. Hope it all works out.
And here it goes bro...I did not feel good about the situation, my oldest son did not either! My wife trys to keep the calm in the house & she damn sure thought it was going to be a fight, when she saw the look on my face I do not feel that the wife was very happy either....she is the pc keeper, trys to smooth things out. Me on the other hand , I am the rebel! Sometimes you need to stand up, & break a few bones.....win/loose, that guy knows he don't want to mess with you again Longhorn
Old 07-09-2015, 12:37 AM   #21
franken

This is just not the place for this stuff. If mechanic drama isn't allowed, this BS should as well.
The OP knows exactly what to do.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:43 AM   #22
crazy longhorn

Explain? Longhorn
Old 07-09-2015, 07:46 AM   #23
ERASER5

I think you are doing OK Crazy. No shots fired. No blood on the ground. No polices calls for disturbance. Of course this is the cause of high stress, NOT doing those things.

In your house? You have some say. In his house, not so much.
ERASER5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:29 AM   #24
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Quote:
Still waitin' for a woman's point of view
You're about the closest we've got so far. What's your take on this?
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:45 PM   #25
cableguy0

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken View Post
This is just not the place for this stuff. If mechanic drama isn't allowed, this BS should as well.
The OP knows exactly what to do.
It kind of is the place. This is General Discussion. Non truck related stuff goes here. People can ask for advice in here and there isn't anything wrong with it.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote