The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Truck Audio (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   LMC remote unlock, questions? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=503846)

Bradydz 01-16-2012 05:55 PM

LMC remote unlock, questions?

I bought the remote unlock kit LMC offers, http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cbe/full.aspx?Page=63 at the top left, and I have a few questions to anyone who has bought it and installed it, if there are any out there.
First, do you have any pictures of where you mounted everything? I don't exactly want to put a few holes somewhere, and realize it won't work right..
Also, there is a yellow wire that connects to the controller, but is not mentioned ANYWHERE (unless I just don't see it) in the instructions. It's a single wire, split into two, and are about equal length. Any ideas?

jimmydean 01-16-2012 06:57 PM

Re: LMC remote unlock, questions?

i haven't mounted the brain, but buried in my build thread I did a write up taking 2 cheap-o actuators off ebay and installing them in my '66 for keyless entry. Depends on how you want it all to work.

I modified the door latch, but the easiest thing is to attach to the arm.

As for the wires, it is a reverse polarity actuator. Positive on one lead, the other to ground will unlock, switch to lock.

Bradydz 01-16-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmydean (Post 5127222)
i haven't mounted the brain, but buried in my build thread I did a write up taking 2 cheap-o actuators off ebay and installing them in my '66 for keyless entry. Depends on how you want it all to work.

I modified the door latch, but the easiest thing is to attach to the arm.

As for the wires, it is a reverse polarity actuator. Positive on one lead, the other to ground will unlock, switch to lock.

The yellow wire, totally separate from the actuators? It doesn't go with the rest of the harness, it's a totally separate wire.

dugvera@gmail.com 01-17-2012 03:13 AM

Woh! Make sure you get some good documintation and pics please! I want this on my burb.
Posted via Mobile Device

jimmydean 01-17-2012 12:27 PM

Oh, i have no idea on the yellow wire. You sure it's not the antenna or something? How long is it? Pictures would help.

Bradydz 01-17-2012 04:55 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmydean (Post 5128791)
Oh, i have no idea on the yellow wire. You sure it's not the antenna or something? How long is it? Pictures would help.

Here are 5 pictures of what the controller and the yellow wire looks like. (taken with my phone, don't have another camera..)
It connects on the two-prong side, but only one wire connects to it, which is the yellow wire.

Bradydz 01-17-2012 04:57 PM

5 Attachment(s)
And here's some more pictures of the kit.

Bradydz 01-17-2012 05:01 PM

Also, why was this moved to truck audio..?

dugvera@gmail.com 01-18-2012 02:16 AM

I'm throughing out a guess but antenna wire? Looks like the plug on the back of my home stereo head units am antenna wire. Guess there isn't any stereo/alarm guys around here?
Posted via Mobile Device

dugvera@gmail.com 01-18-2012 02:24 AM

Did you happen to notice if there was a replacement solenoid? Id like to try to wire it up to the rear door on my burb too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bradydz 01-18-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dugvera@gmail.com (Post 5130537)
I'm throughing out a guess but antenna wire? Looks like the plug on the back of my home stereo head units am antenna wire. Guess there isn't any stereo/alarm guys around here?
Posted via Mobile Device

I was considering that it may go to another controller if you had a 4-door (I'm assuming it is a universal kit, that LMC slightly altered), but you'd think they would mention it in the installation instructions, or at least label the wire or something.. It's got me quite confused, and hoping it isn't a key component.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dugvera@gmail.com (Post 5130545)
Did you happen to notice if there was a replacement solenoid? Id like to try to wire it up to the rear door on my burb too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you mean the whole actuator? Because from what I've read from others' posts, you can get the actuators pretty cheap on eBay, for example..

dugvera@gmail.com 01-18-2012 03:26 AM

Sure if that's what there called? Id just like to have that kit and be able to have it lock and unlock the tailgate/hatch lock on the back door too.

Huh, never thought about a 4 door install. Could verywell be. I guess all you would need is two more wires to run the rear doors too. Wouldn't they just use the pass door wires for that? And why would they loop the two together like that? I'm with you????? Strange they wouldn't even say what its all about in the instructions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bradydz 01-18-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dugvera@gmail.com (Post 5130571)
Sure if that's what there called? Id just like to have that kit and be able to have it lock and unlock the tailgate/hatch lock on the back door too.

Huh, never thought about a 4 door install. Could verywell be. I guess all you would need is two more wires to run the rear doors too. Wouldn't they just use the pass door wires for that? And why would they loop the two together like that? I'm with you????? Strange they wouldn't even say what its all about in the instructions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ohh, right. Hmm, I don't know, you'd probably have to tamper with it to make it work, but I don't think they have a specific kit for that.

Actually, there are two other wires on the harness that are for the rear doors if you wanted to, so I don't think that is it, either. Not sure..

dugvera@gmail.com 01-18-2012 03:41 AM

I went to a class in Medford. Beautiful city. Did the jet mail boat on the river. Good times!
Posted via Mobile Device

Bradydz 01-18-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dugvera@gmail.com (Post 5130580)
I went to a class in Medford. Beautiful city. Did the jet mail boat on the river. Good times!
Posted via Mobile Device

It's gettin' pretty crowded, haha. But yes, it can be pretty at times. What was the class for?

I just found something I must've skipped over before on the main harness. There are two wires that do not go to anything I have, and one wire is white, the other is brown. I just looked at the tiny wiring diagram, and the two I found go off to the left, and connect to a, "spare negative trigger", and where the wires are, the white says "unlock", the other says, "lock". Is this yellow wire with relays considered a negative trigger, you think?

dugvera@gmail.com 01-18-2012 04:02 AM

Perhaps a static switch that can be mounted on the door to activate the locks?

Learning a CNC program called microvellum. Its a cabinetry program used to design and export g code to a CNC machine that cuts/machines parts.
Posted via Mobile Device

tubbedII 01-18-2012 08:21 PM

Sorry, I provide no help, but I've been searching for a kit like this, and it seems to be the cheapest out there...so I'm just watching and hoping to see it installed and working!

As a random guess about the yellow wires, antenna sounds the best so far since they don't have connections on the ends like the others. The only thing is they are awfully thick and antenna wires are usually the thinnest and black.

Keep us posted and take pics of the install!

dugvera@gmail.com 01-18-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubbedII (Post 5131706)
Sorry, I provide no help, but I've been searching for a kit like this, and it seems to be the cheapest out there...so I'm just watching and hoping to see it installed and working!

As a random guess about the yellow wires, antenna sounds the best so far since they don't have connections on the ends like the others. The only thing is they are awfully thick and antenna wires are usually the thinnest and black.

Keep us posted and take pics of the install!

I was thinking the wires looked thick too. Could be like bradydz siad lmc kinda put the kit together and the just used a big wire? Maybe?
Posted via Mobile Device

rbagley 02-23-2012 02:04 AM

I don't know if someone already said it or not, but the yellow wire is for headlights. It makes them flash once for lock and trice for unlock I think.

Bradydz 03-06-2012 03:33 AM

To any who wanted to see this being installed, you should not have to wait much longer. I kept putting it off, but I will be working on, and will hopefully finish, installing it tomorrow morning. I will take pictures as I go, and post how it works, and such.

dugvera@gmail.com 03-06-2012 03:41 AM

Excellent!
Posted via Mobile Device

tubbedII 03-06-2012 12:29 PM

Anxiously waiting!

Bradydz 03-06-2012 02:08 PM

Sorry to let you guys down, but I woke up with Mono-like syptoms, so I'm just going to be taking it easy. Again, sorry guys! I'll get it installed as soon as I can!
Posted via Mobile Device

tubbedII 03-06-2012 02:44 PM

I'm going to have to use that excuse for work tomorrow! haha

dugvera@gmail.com 03-08-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubbedII (Post 5234469)
I'm going to have to use that excuse for work tomorrow! haha

Let me guess your dog ate thr parts? Jahaha just jokes.
Posted via Mobile Device