View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #135
jaros44sr

Re: NOS Tachometer, Guage/Faceplate and Circuit boards for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetorchess View Post
Thank you for your input and I am also VERY confused as to how they could get so beat up!!! I did look at each one carefully before shipping and there was no damage to any. I also talked to a Chevy dealership and NAPA auto parts store before packing. I was told that the parts would ship fine packed box within a box with packing to cushion. That is is way they were shipped. I find it hard to believe that a metal part bounced onto cushioned cardboard, without any damage to outer box, could be damaged in such a way!. Jaros----you said in original post that yours was only slightly bent, but fixable and added a suggestion for future shipping. I took that as settled. I have tried to answer each complaint within this reply/post. However, I do have a suggestion. This is a huge site. I did visit your "mailing/posting" link and only found complaints with very little useful information. I design websites and know that it is a small little project to add a pop-up to knew members/sellers that would give explicit deatils in how to properly ship these parts. As a new member, I had only to rely on the information gathered from Chevy and Napa, which obviously pertained to new parts. Over the years, packaging has taken care of most shipping issues. Having said all of that, it is Memorial weekend and I intend on honoring my parents and other departed members of my family. Any other complaints/issues, will be replyed to on Tuesday, after I finish my work. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Tammy
On original inspection i saw that the button on the front of the tach was pushed in and resting on the face of the tach, after prying the button up, i put it on the workbench and didnt go back to it for awhile. Next time i picked it up, i noticed that the face was bent.

What i meant by fixable, was prying the button away from the tach face. The bent tach face is a differant story, and will have to be repaired by disassembly, and then be determined if it can be flattened

The partial refund i was referring to was for the cost of repairs to return it to the condition before shipping

It will be difficult to catch the damage in a picture, but i will try if need be....

I will be shipping the part to another board member, for some ink stamping. He will look at it and see if he can straighten it out

I edited your post to try to catch the part of it that pertains to me, if you feel that the entire post needs to be there, lmk

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 05-27-2012 at 06:03 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote