The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #101
leddzepp

Re: NOS Tachometer, Guage/Faceplate and Circuit boards for sale

He is doing exactly what he should, and this IS a matter for the entire board to see. The tachometer arrived in that condition due to poor packaging, plain and simple. It looks as though he is not the only one that has had this happen. If you are going to ship parts I would suggest packaging them a little more carefully as this happens all too often.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #102
71 super

Serial number pictures are attached. Numbers from the back of the Tachometer are as follows: 279 84 serial number 6468228
Attached Images

69 swb cst 6 cylinder/ overdrive
69 black/black cst bb swb
70 orange and white cst Canada built truck swb bb
71 black and white super swb bb
71 red and white super swb
72 green and white super swb 4x4
62 nova wagon 400 series Ls swapped
68 Camaro 327/4 speed- 1 owner, original paint
66 Volkswagen bettle
69 auto stick Volkswagen Beetle
71 super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #103
PT'S 70 CST
"GO DAWGS"

I will try and lend a hand in this situation. I have nothing to do with this matter but will try and help those who have damaged tach face plates. Contact this guy and see if he can fix them for you. Hope this matter gets resolved and this board can go on smoothly. http://www.redlineg.com/redlineg/Welcome.html

PT
94 SILVERADO SWB 5/7 drop
2000 Silverado swb
2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 (Surprisingly very fast)
2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali
BATESBURG, SC. 29006
Some of my restorations
http://www.snapfish.com/snapfish/thu...NAME=snapfish/
Restored Tach tins 8 cyl - 6 cyl
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=518185
Contact info(Not my paypal address) DAWGSFAN227@YAHOO.COM

God Bless Our Troops
PT'S 70 CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #104
70LonghornCST

Tammy,

I just opened my tach and am sorry to say that my tach also suffered damage due to improper support to the unit during shipping. The damage is on the face near the retaining points due to the stress of no support to the tach unit during shipping--essentially, from sitting on its side loose in the box. In addition, the orange button popped off of the needle, and the needle lost some paint. I will post some pics in the morning. An email has been sent to you through paypal.

-Richard
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build

Adding an AM/FM Decal
70LonghornCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #105
thetorchess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70LonghornCST View Post
Tammy,

I just opened my tach and am sorry to say that my tach also suffered damage due to improper support to the unit during shipping. The damage is on the face near the retaining points due to the stress of no support to the tach unit during shipping--essentially, from sitting on its side loose in the box. In addition, the orange button popped off of the needle, and the needle lost some paint. I will post some pics in the morning. An email has been sent to you through paypal.

-Richard
I am sorry for my lack of "packaging skills." Wrongly assumed that the factory had it down pat. What is it that everyone wishes, in order for this matter to be resolved?????
thetorchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #106
70LonghornCST

I am only speaking for myself, as per my email through paypal, I would like a refund.
Attached Images

1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build

Adding an AM/FM Decal
70LonghornCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #107
Tuff Gong

i am picking mine up today. if it is badly damaged i would like a refund also. i will let you know in a few hours.

update... just picked it up. mine is in much better shape then the ones pictured. only a slight bend in the tin which may not effect it once installed. I will pm you later.

Last edited by Tuff Gong; 05-26-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Tuff Gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #108
fine69

I personally find it hard to believe any tach sustained that sort of damage in transit to you fellows.
If the box was totally destroyed sure.....But the boxes don't look that beat up.
And more than one tach from the same seller?
Im not saying that the seller knew that they were beat up. But they obviously have a few to sell. Maybe they didn't look at all of them.

Buyers call on this one.

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #109
jaros44sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I personally find it hard to believe any tach sustained that sort of damage in transit to you fellows.
If the box was totally destroyed sure.....But the boxes don't look that beat up.
Im not saying that the seller knew that they were beat up. But they obviously have a few to sell. Maybe they didn't look at all of them.

Buyers call on this one.
I think the problem was that they were allowed to flop around in the factory box, all four inside walls of the box were scuffed up, so basically they could free fall from top to bottom of the box, continuously during transit....

The two flanges on the face plate would stop it, but the button and needle would take the brunt of the impact, since they protrude past the flanges

Dunno, but the picture of the 8 tachs together look fine, hard to really tell

Partial refund would be nice

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 05-26-2012 at 06:02 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #110
Don Loverink
Account Suspended

Those tachometers and different gauges are pretty delicate pieces, I could see them getting severely damaged if they were just shipped in the little lightweight box that Gm put them in, Ive had gauges before get shipped to me exactly this way and had exactly the same story, bent up gauges, these are going to be very difficult to fix and get straight again, just my input, I think Tammy learned a little something about shipping and packaging stuff on this one...........
Don Loverink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #111
Sillyoldman

I'd bet money that they were one of many boxes inside of one larger box. These were in retail packaging not suitable for shipping. Oil filters come in a box too but fram don't send them out individually.

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #112
thetorchess

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post

Buyers call on this one.
Thank you for your input and I am also VERY confused as to how they could get so beat up!!! I did look at each one carefully before shipping and there was no damage to any. I also talked to a Chevy dealership and NAPA auto parts store before packing. I was told that the parts would ship fine packed box within a box with packing to cushion. That is is way they were shipped. I find it hard to believe that a metal part bounced onto cushioned cardboard, without any damage to outer box, could be damaged in such a way! 70 shortfleet....I settled your claim. Your money will be refunded once the part is returned. I ask that you please give me a lesson is shipping and pack the way that you feel it should have been, so that in the future I can avoid this error. Jaros----you said in original post that yours was only slightly bent, but fixable and added a suggestion for future shipping. I took that as settled. To Leroy B1.....you settled this matter yourself in your post....I'll keep the parts, you keep the money. It is of no consequence to me! To my canadian buyer, waiting for payment to clear....I assure you....It will take 3 days to unpack yours. To leddzepp.....I stand corrected....yes everything should be kept in the thread. I have tried to answer each complaint within this reply/post. However, I do have a suggestion. This is a huge site. I did visit your "mailing/posting" link and only found complaints with very little useful information. I design websites and know that it is a small little project to add a pop-up to knew members/sellers that would give explicit deatils in how to properly ship these parts. As a new member, I had only to rely on the information gathered from Chevy and Napa, which obviously pertained to new parts. Over the years, packaging has taken care of most shipping issues. Having said all of that, it is Memorial weekend and I intend on honoring my parents and other departed members of my family. Any other complaints/issues, will be replyed to on Tuesday, after I finish my work. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Tammy
Old 05-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #113
thetorchess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyoldman View Post
I'd bet money that they were one of many boxes inside of one larger box. These were in retail packaging not suitable for shipping. Oil filters come in a box too but fram don't send them out individually.
Yes, I had a case of these tachs....original outer shipping carton and the tachs were shipped loose in the retail boxes inside of that. These were sent with the "retail" box inside a shipping grade box ship with cushioning between the boxes.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #114
thetorchess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Loverink View Post
Those tachometers and different gauges are pretty delicate pieces, I could see them getting severely damaged if they were just shipped in the little lightweight box that Gm put them in, Ive had gauges before get shipped to me exactly this way and had exactly the same story, bent up gauges, these are going to be very difficult to fix and get straight again, just my input, I think Tammy learned a little something about shipping and packaging stuff on this one...........
As per my other post.....these were not shipped in the retail box. Retail box inside a shipping grade box, with cushioning around. Which is why I am so baffled!!! Learned a lesson, yes.....about packing yes.....and perhaps even a little bit about fraud.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #115
thetorchess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Atkinson View Post
i am picking mine up today. if it is badly damaged i would like a refund also. i will let you know in a few hours.

update... just picked it up. mine is in much better shape then the ones pictured. only a slight bend in the tin which may not effect it once installed. I will pm you later.
I would appreciate that very much, Thank you.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #116
PT'S 70 CST
"GO DAWGS"

Tammy when you have settled all of your claims on these tachs I would interested in buying the damaged ones if we can agree on a price for a package deal on all of the damaged ones that are returned to you.

Thanks PT
2000 Silverado swb
2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali
BATESBURG, SC. 29006
Some of my restorations

God Bless Our Troops
Old 05-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #117
thetorchess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT'S 70 CST View Post
I will try and lend a hand in this situation. I have nothing to do with this matter but will try and help those who have damaged tach face plates. Contact this guy and see if he can fix them for you. Hope this matter gets resolved and this board can go on smoothly. http://www.redlineg.com/redlineg/Welcome.html

PT
Thank you for the information, however the problem seems to be with the tachs. The face plates have shipped perfectly.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #118
thetorchess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70shortfleet View Post
Tammy, recieved my tach yesturday and it was in the same shape as jaros44sr described. I can't believe that GM would put the tachs in those boxes and not secure them from flopping around inside the box! It clearly got bent from not being secure. Anyway in the future make sure that everything is tight when you ship, thanks Les
I should have came back and read your post again before settling your "claim" This post indicated the part only being slightly bent, but fixable (as per Jaros44sr post)......then you have gone on to show pictures of one that is bent and broken. Really????? You originally settled this by agreeing that my packing skills should be better. Lesson on me! My only regret with you is not having re-read and disputed your claim!
Old 05-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #119
PT'S 70 CST
"GO DAWGS"

Tammy when I refer to the face plates I am talking about the ones bent on the tach itself. (Tach tin face plate). The link I sent you is for silkscreening old gauges but he may be able to do repairs also that I do not know you would have to call him. As In posted earlier, I would be interested in a package deal on all of the damaged ones you have returned to you if you are interested and we could work out a price.

PT
2000 Silverado swb
2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali
BATESBURG, SC. 29006
Some of my restorations

God Bless Our Troops
Old 05-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #120
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetorchess View Post
As per my other post.....these were not shipped in the retail box. Retail box inside a shipping grade box, with cushioning around. Which is why I am so baffled!!! Learned a lesson, yes.....about packing yes.....and perhaps even a little bit about fraud.
Tammy...I first off want to say that it stinks that these were damaged via shipping/ packing issues, but I'm thoroughly confused by your comment about "fraud"???....Can you please explain???...As volunteer staff here, it is concerning for you to claim this....if there is an issue with a fraudulent claim, we need to be notified...also, if you are not aware, we have a bad deals forum that anyone is allow to post up issues and where admin follows and tries to help resolve. Please let me or any staff/ admin know...Thanks

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #121
PT'S 70 CST
"GO DAWGS"

Tammy I can say this. I have sold to or bought from everyone of the guys that claim to have issues with their tach purchased from you and these are all stand up guys that would never claim to have issues with something unless there was one. For the most part this board is not just a truck club it is like a family and when in need we all look out for each other. I hate that your debut to this family was so harsh and your first experience on selling turned out this way. You are now a member of a bunch of fairly close nit people that would not try and fraudulently take advantage of you. I hope all turns out ok with this problem and these members will work with you anyway they can I can assure you of that.

PT
2000 Silverado swb
2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali
BATESBURG, SC. 29006
Some of my restorations

God Bless Our Troops
Old 05-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #122
thetorchess

Quote:
Tammy when you have settled all of your claims on these tachs I would interested in buying the damaged ones if we can agree on a price for a package deal on all of the damaged ones that are returned to you.

Thanks PT
We'll see what happens come Tuesday. I am still in such shock I can't even think. I have thought about these issues for 2 days now and in the end could only come up with the one "collective" reply to try and answer questions. I have just gotten off the phone with paypal....even they think it sounds fishy. I not sure if I will continue with any new items. I think it may be better for my owner to have an auction, that way the buyer has in hand exactly what they pay for and I don't end up a skeptic, like jaros. I will let you know what happens.....I am off to try and enjoy the rest of my weekend.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #123
thetorchess

Quote:
Tammy I can say this. I have sold to or bought from everyone of the guys that claim to have issues with their tach purchased from you and these are all stand up guys that would never claim to have issues with something unless there was one. For the most part this board is not just a truck club it is like a family and when in need we all look out for each other. I hate that your debut to this family was so harsh and your first experience on selling turned out this way. You are now a member of a bunch of fairly close nit people that would not try and fraudulently take advantage of you. I hope all turns out ok with this problem and these members will work with you anyway they can I can assure you of that.

PT
Thank you.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #124
thetorchess

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcburdic View Post
Tammy...I first off want to say that it stinks that these were damaged via shipping/ packing issues, but I'm thoroughly confused by your comment about "fraud"???....Can you please explain???...As volunteer staff here, it is concerning for you to claim this....if there is an issue with a fraudulent claim, we need to be notified...also, if you are not aware, we have a bad deals forum that anyone is allow to post up issues and where admin follows and tries to help resolve. Please let me or any staff/ admin know...Thanks
Apologies......"fraud" was not the correct term to use. My issue was with 70shorfleet, who originally said that his tach was in the same condition as jaros, slightly bent, but fixable, and suggested in the future that I pack more carefully. The next thing I know, is he has went thru paypal and filed a claim, posting pictures of a tach that was much more than "slightly bent,but fixable." I settled the calim, pending return of the part.
Thank you for all of the useful information. I think if I decide to sell any further, that I will spend some time on the other boards/forums. That way I have ahead start on any potential issues. As per my other post, a shipping/packing link on the site would be most helpul to new members, such as myself. Thanks again and sorry for the wrong verbage.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #125
thetorchess

Quote:
Tammy when I refer to the face plates I am talking about the ones bent on the tach itself. (Tach tin face plate). The link I sent you is for silkscreening old gauges but he may be able to do repairs also that I do not know you would have to call him. As In posted earlier, I would be interested in a package deal on all of the damaged ones you have returned to you if you are interested and we could work out a price.

PT
Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up.