View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 07:48 PM   #6
Ironangel

Re: Looking for a super duper OEM vapor canister, for 71.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Hi Iron. How many miles you figure on that first one? Is the charcoal still good? Should be nice and loose.

Does it have the drain on the bottom? If so, I believe the bottom comes off.

Thank you.
The first one is a pic of my daily driver and she's an actual 116,000 72 LWB C-10 (still mounted and venting the gas tank)...The second pic is out of my other 72-C-10 with 154,000 miles on the trucks clock but that canister came out and went under the bench 5 years ago. Both are in excellent shape with a fiber disk shaped filters on the bottom. Neither one appears to have been molested nor do they appear to "come apart". They are identical other than the missing cap in the second photo. I'm pretty sure that cap is in the shop...Somewhere? I do know that with a good cleaning, an exacto-knife used with ginger diligence, these units can be disassembled, cleaned and restored with an overnight soak in Armor-All, refilled with activated charcoal and glued back together for a new looking canister...PS. The bottom of both of these has a single molded plastic rod that runs across the bottom diameter of a 3-1/2" opening...
71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote