Thread: Engine?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #64
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Re: Engine?

I look at what an engine can make per cube. that 496 is making 1.44 per cube,.. very nice ,..a 376 CI LS engine will make 1.46 very easy.

I have owned BB, SB and yes the LS as well. Dollar for dollar you can not beat them ,... facts are what they are.

If I did not have the parts I had from the 383 that went south. I would have went LS all the way.

There was a great write up a while back on a 6.0 that they bought a cheap stroker kit and went at it.

Heres the link,http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...d/viewall.html

now take that same bone yard engine that you start with say 1500 bucks another 1500 in the stroker kit, swap the cam intake carb, ign and you are making well into the 575-600 range and all in money wise you can spend about 5000-6000 buying all new parts and have a engine that makes killer power is is extremely tough and will still handle the juice for the extra power

I built a el cheapo 413 stroker for the junk yard engine. With some looking around we where able to pick up a few used parts here and there. Once done with a E bay pro form carb and PP intake it laid down 612 hp that 1.48 per cube. Total budget 4100 bucks.

Gotta love a BBC for running on 7 TOO funny
GMR-PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote