View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 11:59 PM   #797
mjensen

Re: 69 GMC "Ol' Blue"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Can you make that bracket just a little shorter and lean it forward just a little?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dee2 View Post
I think keeping some room between the 3 shifters is best. It appears from your pics that the seat is hitting when it is in the forward position? Also assuming it cannot be shifted in that position? That's kind of why I posted the pic of the 55 Pro Street car (thanks for the compliment, seat is in the rear position). That had an extreme seat notch in it for a Nash 5 speed with a Long shifter. Your notch would not need to be as extreme I don't think? Another plus is you would not be using the 4x shifter all the time. As long as you can select your range with the seat in the forward most position you have kept all the functionality yes?
Well, everything I tried to move the bracket forward/backward/sideways/upside down just doesn't let the shift lever on the TCase work. It hits the seat when putting it in 4-lo. In 2wd, it's perfect and it clears all the other levers perfectly. Tomorrow I'm going to bolt the cover on the TCase so I can feel the detents. I will re-evaluate tomorrow and see which direction to go. I was looking at my cousin's '91 with a manual transmission, and noticed that the seat seems to be a little thinner on the bottom and a little taller from the floor. That might be an option. The other two will be to notch the seat, or buckets.

'69 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 Build Thread
mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote