View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 12:02 AM   #21
westofb
I really hate wet sanding!

Re: Buying Vintage Air - Need Help W/ Bracket Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
I can get another pic of the L/H side where the A/C unit would mount if you would like. But I did have these two pics already saved which might give you an idea. The Serp setup I used was from a 94 GMC. It is a 1 piece serp setup bracket. There is a two piece serp setup slightly more common. Used on Chevy V-6's and the small block V-8s also. That is what my son used on his small block. Very little difference except one is two piece cast metal and the one I used is one piece steel serp. Both are very common at junk yards. We had our serp setups powder coated. Also since i didn't immediately need my A/C pump I had to use a delete A/C pully that is the pulley in the upper left corner.
Not intending to jack the thread, I have a 2 piece serp set up for my truck build and will be installing a/c at at later date. Where can you find the a/c delete pulley set up? I have been to the junk yards and can't find one. I am not real close to installing it yet, but I would like to go ahead and get one and have it when I do need it.

I would agree to switch to this set up, they are super easy to find, I beleive chevy went to them about 87 and are basically the same on all sbc's as well as 4.3 V6 set ups (interchangable with sbc set up front of v6 exactly the same as sbc). They only bolt to front of the engine block and heads, have nothing to do with exhaust studs, only have the one belt, no issues with throwing belts either. Get everything mention above, you need the water pump for a core at the least, they are different from your water pump because the are spun by the belt in opposite direction!
westofb is offline   Reply With Quote