Thread: 400/406 Builds
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 12:30 PM   #112
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Re: 400/406 Builds

Static means nothing until a cam is put into the equation .. I run 11.1 static on pump gas on the street and drive it without issue.. Cam is a 243/247 duration @ 50 adv numbers mean about nothing as they tend to print it how they want and keep facts less than accurate adv on this howards hyd roller is 292 , you need to look well beyond what most do to know if the "set up" will work correctly. Then you need to have the proper parts to control ign timing.. Just because you bought a MSD ign doe not mean much as most lock them out and run a ign box to control timing.. I run a MSD grid with ( so yes its locked out) . RHS 220 heads AED 4150 that is a 950 super mod HO carb SO 750 base plate 950 body that has been taper bored . 4l80E trans 4100 stal convertor with lock up, Rattlesnake D3 trans brake, full auto upshift, 373 gear in a moser 35 spline 9 inch, ohh and two guns on top of the little small block,. Does great for a all around hot rod, cruiser, hwy hauler..

as for the engine buy a new block the Dart SHP is very strong , takes care of all the issues with the factory stock block.. If you do not want to go that route build a 383 then.. Better off in the long run.. But I said different and went though a stock block or two.. Your money throw it away how you want, there is a reason that the Dart is used so much for these builds..

Last edited by GMR-PERFORMANCE; 03-14-2016 at 12:37 PM.
GMR-PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote