View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 11:44 AM   #9
rotduke98

Re: Dont buy hedman headers part #69010

I apologize for the long post in advance. Thanks special-K for your input. Ill try to address your comments to better explain the situation. I covered my trucks specs above but Ill go more deeply into it. Its a 1979 c10 stepside, vin decodes to a 305 truck, the block numbers of motor that was in the truck come back as a 305, the 350 motor im putting in is out of my friends 1978 k10 (known to be unmolested). The i6-v8 issue is an issue in the older trucks. Look at geezers pics he added to this thread and you will see his motor in the same position as mine. There have been multiple e-mails and phone calls between me and hedman at this time to try and rectify this, but that will be addressed later on. My initial problem with hedman was when I contacted them about fitment issues, their reply was they "should" fit and sent me pics of cubbers truck. I then explained that cubbers is a 69 and mine is a 79 so that doesn't help me. They then said they weren't aware of any significant chassis changes through all those years and they insisted I was doing something wrong and they still "should" fit. I then explained its not the chassis, its the location of the drivetrain in the chassis and that is the problem. Again reference geezers pics, and cubbers pics and see relation of #4 and #6 exhaust ports/primaries to the upper control arms, about 3 inches different to the rear in squarebodies. Now compare motor mount brackets and motor mount types, also completely different. It was only after then when hedman suggested I return my product to point of purchase for a credit. We all know a credit is different than a refund, a credit would not help me because they could not confirm that a different set of headers would work so I needed real money back. I had purchased the headers online, so I was going to incur shipping charges and restocking fees and the like. I didn't think I should be on the hook for that since I used their fitment calculator on their website to order the proper header and it turned out to be wrong. Like I mentioned before there is a deal in the works and when it is finalized I will post the results. I can tell you they have had other fitment complaints with these trucks and headers, although few, and they are going to get their fabrication team to revisit it and see what can, if anything could be changed. Im not riled up, im just trying to inform others about my header fitment issues with these headers because when I was looking before purchasing them I couldn't find any. Thanks again.
1971 k20 with 1 ton rears, with 69 front clip----SOLD
1979 c10 stepside project, in the works
68+70 dually c10 thing,THE THING!!----SOLD
rotduke98 is offline   Reply With Quote