The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2005, 11:37 PM   #1
Toddro

Parting 62 Project

Hey folks! I have a 62 Chevy that I pulled apart to rebuild a few years ago, and ran out of both time and money, and it's been sitting (inside) until recently when I lost my storage. Now I need to get rid of it. Wish I didn't have to give up on it, but I've moved on to other projects. I'm hoping some of the parts will help someone else with their project.

Here's what's available:

1962 modified shortbed frame: The frame has been shortened to the same wheelbase as a blazer. It has also been narrowed in the rear, as I was planning on pro-streeting it. The front suspension is from a 72 chevy; it also has AIM 2" dropped lower control arms, 1" cut coils, and Chisolm dropped upper control arms.

Cab: has rust in the floors, all corners. I was told by a body shop that it was repairable, but would cost about $600 to fix it. Small rust pinholes along top of windsheild. Windshield is good, as is small back glass.

Doors: Pretty good shape, good glass. Usual rust, but they were dented by someone unknown while the truck was in storage (nice, huh?)

Front clip: Average shape, rear of fenders are rusty and need fixed; I have patch panels for the fenders. The inner fenders have the usual rust but are repairable. The hood is in good shape except that it has several high-point dents in it. Fixable. The grill is steel and in pretty good shape.

Bed: Unique 5' bed length. I was going to join it to the cab and have the world's only 62 Blazer. Bed is in bad shape, I was saving it for a template to build a new one.

I have some misc parts, but alot of stuff has disappeared over the years.

I'm asking $400 for the whole thing, and I'd rather sell it all together than part it, but I guess we'll see?

If anybody's interested let me know. I don't have anyway of shipping this thing, so I would rather you come to get it. The truck is located in southern Illinois.

This will be my first time posting pics, so I hope I do it right.....
Attached Images

Toddro is offline   Reply With Quote