The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
Mike Bradbury

Couch Potato

OK, much to my wifes chagrin, I am starting a new project. This will be sort of a different project since it will not be of a complete truck, but rather just the back half.

When I was doing Project Barn Raising, I swapped the original seat for an F350 seat. The old seat was in remarkable shape and I wanted to do something with it but I did not know what. I decided to make it into a couch, but I did not have the time or money to start this project so the seat has been kicking around my garage for the last year.

Today I found a set of fleet sides at the local swap meet for $100 and the will work nicely.

Here is the idea; I will cut the back 20 inches of the bed off then the front 2 inches. I will weld the two together basically making a bed that is 22" long with no wheel well. I will then add the original C20 bumper and a era specific California black and yellow license plate. All the tail lights and side markers will work and the C20 bumper will have cup holders welded into it.

Not sure if it will make it into my house ever or be a show piece at a local art studio, but I have been wanting to do this project for a while now.

Here are the bed sides. I have seen these sides at this swap for three years now, so I am pretty confident that I am not going to be ruining anyones future project.

This is the original C20 bumper I will use.

Project: Barn Raising http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414961

Project: 30 Be Low https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=830583
Mike Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote