The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
badform

New guy in MD

Hey there, everyone!

Just posting to say hi and introduce myself. I started getting the itch to have something old and fun to drive again, and have been looking around for the past several months looking for the right thing, but not finding it. The goal was to get something that I could slowly fix up and make reliable enough to do the Power Tour in a few years. The one hard and fast rule that I set myself up with was that I HAD to drive it home.

A few weeks ago, I had to rent a truck from Home Depot to pickup a riding mower and some other stuff, and that put the idea of an old truck in my head. I'd spend the rest of this season carting away yard waste and house stuff (I've got projects goin' on), and then dig into it to make it the truck I want.

I've always loved the '67-72 Chevy trucks more than the others, and one thing led to another and I looked at a '69 C10. After checking it out, and having cash one me, I scored it for a bit under $2K. Unfortunately I haven't gotten it home yet. Barring any unforseen circumstances, the truck's coming home this weekend.

Just when I had coordinated with dad to get a ride out so I can drive the truck home, the guy I bought it from moved it and thought the brakes felt a bit squishy, and after taking a look, he found a cracked brake line. Fortunately he's very cool, and right now the truck's getting new brake lines.

Anyway, I know you guys like the pics, so dig it:

Last edited by badform; 07-09-2013 at 01:06 AM. Reason: details, man!
badform is offline   Reply With Quote