The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2016, 09:10 PM   #11
Dazzoman

Re: What can be said about the 4-speed New Process NV833 overdrive manual transmissio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
I've run the Dodge Aluminum A833 OD behind a 340 in a 1/2 ton Dodge Pickup with a mild almost RV grind cam. The only serious difference is the Dodge dimensioned input shaft and maybe the output shaft spline count.

I have a 1:1 4th gear Cast Iron A833 behind a 383 in a C-Body 69 Dodge Polara.

I really don't see what the wild difference is between the CI case transmission and the aluminum case version is. The Al case is actually slightly thicker than the CI case.

I believe the 4x4 version of the GM A833 OD trans is an MM7. 2WD is MY6.

The Cast Iron Case version should work fine with a 350. I'd be sure to check all the bearings etc before you put it in. They are close to 40 years old and lord only knows what the previous owners did to it.
Perfect !
Your'e right . And this iron MY6 was made in 1982 !
I'm running it behind the stock 292 and it is perfect and tight , of course we replaced all the seals / gaskets .
I got it from an trans shop that happened to have it ready to go and they went thru the basics before they sold it to me .
Thats good news about the AL case because I have one ( but with the van shifter darn it ) .
I was thinking of putting that in an 1966 Ford van Im getting ha ha !
Ford didn't offer room for the shifting or much less an OD trans for the stock 6 cyl it had .I might put the 292 in it lol ! Or not if it doesnt fit :0P
Dazzoman is offline   Reply With Quote