The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
Canada20

Junkyard SCORE.....well...minor league; I6 stuff

heh.....but still a score to me. Hopefully it'll bolt up but I found power steering brackets, 1 wire alternator, HEI distributor that looks to be in pretty good shape and the front 2 marker lights off a late model firebird.

Not a bad day, if I do say so myself.

Greg
Old 05-21-2005, 05:57 AM   #2
'68OrangeSunshine

Cool, All I got on my last hunt was a ball-bearing (deluxe) ashtray assembly out of a '71 Fremont cab for $10. I was looking for old Carter carbs though.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
Canada20

Ball-bearing ashtray? pretty fancy sounding stuff. I guess nowadays we'd just use teflon or somthing?

Wooj; They do seem like a pretty cool engine though I haven't tried using one much; my truck did manage to limp home from it's PO when I first got it. It used to have a 292 and a linkage screw for the carb had fallen into cylinder #6 and punched a hole in the head after making the top of the piston look like hamburger.

I've heard the brackets are hard to find but honestly so I'm stoked to have them, for sure. No armstrong power steering for me

Greg
Attached Images

Last edited by Canada20; 05-21-2005 at 09:46 AM.
Canada20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 10:02 AM   #4
purple gas

Yesturday I was going to get a gas pedal / throttle linkage parts I spyed the other day at closing time. My mechanic buddie who's re-building a van tilt for me asked me to keep an eye out for one for the '72 burb he's working on. So I see this van in teh distance, while approaching I see a steering wheel through the window ( tilt? not a chance I think) but , to my amazement it HAS a tilt so I call him he says get it doesn't even care what it costs. 30 minutes later I'm at his shop dropping off the column. It was only $37.00 . He pulls a couple $20's out of his wallet and I say " Don't worry about it. You've always got a beer for me when I drop in." Was a good day for me and a good one for him. Nothin beats a good day at the Junk yard!