The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2005, 06:24 PM   #1
PhilaTruck
Right on the line, baby!

Vizard

I've read in some recent posts on a thread about a certain large SBC (which shall remain nameless) where David Vizard was characterized as not having "on the track experience". Just let it be said that he does have relevant experience both building & racing. (I'm too lazy to cite examples here & now.) He doesn't have the personality of a Smokey Yunick or the legendary status of a Lingenfelter, but he does bring a cold logic to the problem of moving 2 tons a quarter mile. BTW, in my edition of "How to REbuild Your SBC (HP Books) 1991, he states nowhere that the aforementioned big little block has any problems inherent in it's design or otherwise, except for traction. If you want some real fun, pick up "Small Blocks on a Budget - How to Build Horsepower Volume 3" (Cartech) and look at the ten recipes.

Click and scroll down for site vendors!

Subscribe here!

Last edited by PhilaTruck; 05-29-2005 at 07:06 PM.
PhilaTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
bigjimzlll

Vizard may well have tons of experience. I believe the thread ask the question as to what his experience was. My opinion on all of the "how to" books is that they are good for basic builds. All builds are not the same. Anyone that "lives or dies" by the words in a book(except religous)...or god forbid a magazine are misguided.
In no way was my part of that thread a bash of Vizzard but voicing my contempt in people who worship the written word of a person they have never met. I did meet Lingenfelter and my machine shop owner worked with Yunik.

click the clicky to join the site....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.45 @ 141.44
Anderson,CA

Last edited by bigjimzlll; 05-31-2005 at 07:23 PM.
bigjimzlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:06 PM   #3
PhilaTruck
Right on the line, baby!

That's okay.

BigJim: I don't have lots of experience building or racing so I read everything I can. And I ask lots of questions. I didn't take your post personally, just wanted to note Vizard's record. And the machine shop I use has worked with him.

AND because on your advice and posts, I highly value your experience, like when you smoked that Camaro. (posted video)

Thanks-

-Todd

Click and scroll down for site vendors!

Subscribe here!
PhilaTruck is offline   Reply With Quote