The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2005, 10:54 PM   #1
2low72

Air tank question?

Should i run a gauge for my air tank or get a pressure switch? i was planning on running the compressor just to raise the bags, but i don't want to over pressurize the tank. any advice??
Old 07-16-2005, 12:21 AM   #2
laid67c10

i dont think you would have a problem with a compressor over pressurizing it but my buddy just did a bag set up on his supercrew and he got a adjustable pressure switch from suicidedoors, seemed like a pretty nice piece i would recomend it over any other ones i have seen used....
Old 07-16-2005, 02:00 AM   #3
Slammed '87

sorry too jump in, but my pressure s/w stopped workin awhile back. I thought about getting a new one, but for now i have installed a manual s/w in the cab to control the compressor. I like this better cuz if i am cruising down a crowded downtown street, i don't want to listen too my loud compressor, plus its annoying at night sometimes (ie: residential areas) so now i can run it when ever i want, or need. I have a gauge mounted in my truck so i know when i am full. Maybe when i get a new pressure s/w i'll hook it in series so so can do the same, but then i know it will never over fill. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this?
Old 07-16-2005, 02:04 AM   #4
bagged_and_bodydrop
Just drag it

I had a presure switch for a while (they don't work well in rain). It was cool, did what it was suppost to. Then I took it off because I wanted to run 200PSI, so I just hooked up a gauge from the tank (easy). Then I want to run nitrogen 250-300 PSI. They all work just depends how you wanna do it, but if your running a compressor it will blow up before you over preasure that tank, My friends are dumb enough to run their compressors at 200-215 with 12 gallon tanks not a .
bagged_and_bodydrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 02:13 AM   #5
Slammed '87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged_and_bodydrop
I had a presure switch for a while (they don't work well in rain). It was cool, did what it was suppost to. Then I took it off because I wanted to run 200PSI, so I just hooked up a gauge from the tank (easy). Then I want to run nitrogen 250-300 PSI. They all work just depends how you wanna do it, but if your running a compressor it will blow up before you over preasure that tank, My friends are dumb enough to run their compressors at 200-215 with 12 gallon tanks not a .

hmmmm, i don't drive my truck in the rain, but seeing as it is mounted open in the box of my truck, maybe it stopped working from washing it? Just outta curiousity, how much does it cost to add nitrogen? and do you need it too hop? i only have 3/8's" line right now and want it way faster, not really looking TO hop, but that would be kewl. Right now my valves are mounted in my box. I am planning on changing to 1/2" lines an relocate my valves as close as possible to the bags. Also is there a special bag you need too install for hoppin or really fast setups?
Old 07-16-2005, 12:45 PM   #6
laid67c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed '87
hmmmm, i don't drive my truck in the rain, but seeing as it is mounted open in the box of my truck, maybe it stopped working from washing it? Just outta curiousity, how much does it cost to add nitrogen? and do you need it too hop? i only have 3/8's" line right now and want it way faster, not really looking TO hop, but that would be kewl. Right now my valves are mounted in my box. I am planning on changing to 1/2" lines an relocate my valves as close as possible to the bags. Also is there a special bag you need too install for hoppin or really fast setups?
the cost to add nitrogen depends you will need a nitrogen bottle which you can buy or rent you will need a regulator and a bottle rack the way i had mine set up it was teed in where the compressor went to my tank and i ran nitrogen all the time with a compressor for back up it was plenty fast on a crew cab dually with a diesel motor i had it regulated a 200 i think, it had 1/2 line and 8 1/2 herion valves al mounted near the bags as that makes a big differance in speed... i dont care much for hopping i just wanted it fast if you want to hop i'd recomend something like the slams i dont know wheather it's the ES or HS as i run the lower end rs's, to hop you would just need to adjust your regulator, also if you run a compressor just make sure you have a check valve installed if you dont already......you can usually pick up a regulator for a $100 or less, if you have fabricating skills you can make your own bottle rack and to purchase a bottle it will cost you between $200-$300 or you can rent for between $10-$20 per month then the cost for fill up at least here in texas is about $10 for the big bottle.....
Old 07-16-2005, 02:34 PM   #7
bagged_and_bodydrop
Just drag it

Good Regulartor-$100
Bottle Bracket Made From 4 piece of angel iron-$5
BILLET NITROGEN BRACKET-$400
Bottle-$10 bucks to change out
Rent-30 bux a year here

I'm gonna go with Yes you need it to hop, unless your have a york compressor like I do now. With bags I would go with slams, cause they have an awsesome warrenty program and your gonna blow one or two up hoppin it.
bagged_and_bodydrop is offline   Reply With Quote