The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2002, 06:58 PM   #1
Dandeluxe

rear drivers side marker reflector????

does any one have the exact dimensions on where the factory cut out to put in the rear reflector on the drivers side? my truck does not have the rear markers on it, im guessing it never had them and this was an option you had to order. the reason im asking is for a gas door to go in that area. for my blazer tank filler with a s-10 door customized into the rear marker. like some of the other trucks ive seen with this done. like Danny Cummings .
truck. i need the dimensions from bot. to top and from the rear to the opening. thanks, DANDELUXE

1969 cst swb corvette hugger orange with 400 hp sbc

I started out with nothing and i held on to it
Dandeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 10:57 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

You don't even have reflecters on there? That was fed law starting in '68...they all came with them. If you don't have them, you got a '67 bed.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 01:03 AM   #3
Gee_Emm
Account Suspended

They are the same size as the front reflectors if that helps :p

You are gonna put a gas filler behind the reflector?

Has your truck been repainted in an earlier life. Most likely someone just smucked them up and they are still there under body filler or covered by metal.
Gee_Emm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 08:11 AM   #4
JimKshortstep4x4

Smile

I think Dandeluxe is looking for dimensions of where to locate the
side marker. When I bought my short bed, the guy that I bought it from told me that a lot of short beds did not have fenders with the markers on them. I believe that he is correct because I have seen a lot of short beds, 68-69 without the markers.

Anyway I cut mine in and flanged the opening to receive a cut out
front fender opening. It is a little different from the rear fender marker opening because the original openings were raised when they were formed. I measured a fender that had openings on it and used a laser to align the opening with the top lip of the fender. Measuring the location is tough because you are referencing to rounded corners. If you are going to be exact on the location, you will need a fixture or a cordex measuring machine.

Good luck!

Jim
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 08:22 AM   #5
MOTHERTRUCKERS

All late 68, 69, 70, 71 and 72 fleetsides and stepsides had marker light holes. Lots of people fill them in to clean up the looks of the truck.
Old 09-14-2002, 12:06 PM   #6
Dandeluxe

REAR MARKER REFLECTOR LOCATION

IM SLOWLY FINDING OUT THAT MY TRUCK WAS PUT TOGETHER WITH A HODGEPODGE OF PARTS. I THINK I HAVE A 67 REAR BED AND A 67 DOOR AND A 72 DOOR . soon to to be 2 69 doors and several other changes like my cowl hood. thanks for all the info. but i still need the dimensions for cutting the holes for putting in the reflectors so i can put my gas door in on the drivers side. is it in a assembly manual or how do i find this out? thanks, DAN

1969 cst swb corvette hugger orange with 400 hp sbc

I started out with nothing and i held on to it
Dandeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 12:17 PM   #7
Gee_Emm
Account Suspended

It would be in the factory assembly manual if you have one of those, not the service manual though. The problem is that it is kinda hard to give accurate measurements over the net. I could go measure mine if you want. Just tell me where to measure from. Do you have the inset metal to weld in from a donor bed?
Gee_Emm is offline   Reply With Quote