The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-19-2002, 10:25 PM   #1
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

EBAY--Tell us first!

I see a lot of posts from guys telling us they have parts or a truck listed on EBAY. That doesn't really do us much good, as we have to get into the bidding war with everybody else.
It would really be nice if they would tell us BEFORE they list it. Even if they want to offer it at the "Buy it now" price...give the board members a chance at it first.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:15 PM   #2
meathead95
computer illiterate

I agree.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:18 PM   #3
Shane
Account Suspended

as hostile as the parts board has been lately....i can understand why someone would go to eBay first......post something for sale on the board and then someone questions the worth of it.....or *****es and complains because someone is parting a "good truck"

just my .02 cents worth.....
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 12:44 AM   #4
meathead95
computer illiterate

I can agree with that too.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:20 PM   #5
jmanz69
Careful, they attack...

I almost always post here first, but you guys are right, the parts board has gotten a little tough. Seems everyone wants to get parts for free now. I can see helping someone out if you got some small part, or if you can't seem to give it away. But really, no one here wants to get rich off the parts we sell. Usually I just want to recoup some of the money I put into the new parts I need. I offer my stuff here lower than I put it up on ebay for. But if it goes unwanted, or I get too much crap about the price, I'll go where I can get something out of it.
Case in point: I just sold on ebay a complete throttle linkage from my 69 for a whopping $2, then today I see a post of someone wanting a complete throttle linkage. I had posted it about 2 weeks ago, and no one wanted it. I know this person probably didn't know they would need it, but I can't hold on to parts forever. I would have given it to him for $2, just wanted to get something out of it.
People need to be a little more respectful of the stuff we put up for sale here, if it continues like it is, I won't even offer it here anymore. I have bought from people on the board, and always given them what they wanted for their parts, if it's not too ridiculous.
Well enough ranting, just my 2 cents.

Jason
jmanz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 10:34 AM   #6
nitor
Too many projects

I couldn't agree more. Give the board members first crack at it, what ever it is.

nitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 10:39 AM   #7
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

So THAT'S where all the fights are! The parts board. I've been hearing that this message board is getting a little out of hand, but mostly stick in the general part.

Oh, and I agree!
Old 09-21-2002, 12:05 PM   #8
tom hand
CCRider

Yea, what jmanz69 said. I totally agree
Old 09-21-2002, 12:34 PM   #9
Tennman
71 Chevy 4x4

I hinted that i was gonna put my truck on E-Bay,"AFTER" i ask everyone here what they thought my truck was worth. No one here even offered me a dollar amount or even ask what i was considering on selling it for !!! Sorry if i personaly pi$$ed anyone off ! There are always sumone whos says" your way too high" or sum kind of slur about your price,not that i really care what anyone says about my price on my truck. It will take 25,000 dollars to buy my ride and no less. I might even consider tradeing it for a 3/4 ton 4x4,71 or 72 model with ps,pb's and perferably a/c cab. I can cancel my sale at any time,that is if your really serious now ?!?!

Seller on E-Bay
Old 09-21-2002, 12:43 PM   #10
1971LT1SWBPOSI373

I agree. Don't give your stuff away. I'm going to list some things in the future on the message board and I'm going to be firm on my prices. If I don't get what I want I'll post it on ebay. Try buying some things at a salvage yard, they want 1/2 of the new price. I feel I've gotten some good deals on the message board so far, but I don't particularly care for all the haggling that goes on, and I'm a faily new member too. That's my .02
1971 Shortbed 350/350 w/ Posi-traction 3:73's
1996 Chevy Silverado
TJ in Springfield, Virginia
Likes old Chevy trucks
Drinks Miller MGD
1971LT1SWBPOSI373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 02:54 PM   #11
smitty62

JMANZ--I told you I never seen the linkage listing or I would have certainly bought it. How can you get pi$$ed at somebody if they didn't see your ad? I try to check the ads every couple of days, but that's not always possible--sometimes I even leave the house! With your attitude I suggest you store your parts where the sun never shines!
Please do not respond to my wanted ads in the future.

Stepsides look like real trucks!
Smitty

smitty62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 09:46 PM   #12
jmanz69
Careful, they attack...

Smitty62, I wasn't directing any comments towards you in particular. I was just using you as an example of how it's hard to hold on to parts until they are needed. I understand that you probably didn't need the linkage 2 weeks ago. I was in fact looking for a linkage for you today. Unfortunately I didn't find any. Most trucks have been picked over pretty good around me. I was just venting in general. I am sorry if you took offense to it. I wasn't trying to make you mad. I try not to make enemies on the board if I can. Never know when someone can help you out of a jam. This board has helped me out of a couple jams already, and I think it is good to have around for some of the other lesser experienced members. I try to help out if I can, whether it be parts or knowledge. Don't be pissed at me, I didn't mean to make anyone mad.
jmanz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 10:30 PM   #13
woodrow59
OzarkHillbilly in Atlanta

You have just witnessed why this should not be an Auction Board.

If you have something for sale,,,put it on ebay and let us know. If we need it we should be willing to pay fair market value.

If we need a certain part,,,,ask. But then send PM's or do it Email.

The way I see it,,,,WE are a rare (and sometimes strange {LOL}) breed and WE need to stick together and not fight over little things like money!!!!!!!!

This is not directed at anyone,,,,,,,,,just my 4¢ worth !!!!!!

68 Longhorn C20 Custom Camper (sold)
woodrow59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 11:13 PM   #14
1971LT1SWBPOSI373

Ya, everybody lighten up. We have the same cause, and it's all good!!!
1971 Shortbed 350/350 w/ Posi-traction 3:73's
1996 Chevy Silverado
TJ in Springfield, Virginia
Likes old Chevy trucks
Drinks Miller MGD
1971LT1SWBPOSI373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 11:53 PM   #15
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

I just put a truck on ebay yesterday, I had it on here and only had one response to it and he decided not to buy it so I'm wanting to get rid of it so I put it on Ebay to try to get rid of it. It was on here for two months, so its time to get rid of it. I LOVE this board and LOVE selling and buying stuff on here, I didn't want to go to ebay but I'm trying something different. I must be in the LOVE mood tonight, he he
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 05:27 AM   #16
Desert Rat

I Ebay First,usually paying people are there.I havent had good luck with many members,ive been holding parts and ther money never showing up.I just want to sell the stuff not wait until next Xmas.Ive dealt with some good people here who have came thorugh We,Frank(Pickmup)Hjalbert,and quite a few more,but seems here people ***** about prices too much or start a ***** session.so its easier to start at $1 and see what happens,fun to see what stuff goes for,then you dont have to ask a price it will go for what someone is willing to pay,youll see alot of real rare stuff on their soon!
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 08:15 PM   #17
nitor
Too many projects

You know guys, maybe you didn't sell it here, but at least you gave those of us on the board the first chance to buy. That's the point.

nitor is offline   Reply With Quote