The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
mbgmike

Re: goodmark are they any good ?

LKQ owns Fitrite just FYI making it the 2'nd largest body part company behind Keystone Automotive

Last edited by mbgmike; 05-28-2006 at 07:45 PM.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
KCW
1972 GMC 2006 GMC

Smile Re: goodmark are they any good ?

I fully expected to need to fit the panels and doors. I understand the tolerance issues and how the trucks back then werent as precisely built. Goodmark stamps their parts with a GM authorized replacement part. I checked into this after the fact and found out its a matter of paying GM to use thier name. With all of the excuses for Goodmark, its amazing how an Old fender off of another truck bolts right on. Also amazing how an old door off even another truck has the proper brake and fits without many fitment problems.---I am just trying to warn people about a company that cost me personally alot of time and money. The truck is looking great now with a few used fenders and a couple of donor patch panels......
KCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Re: goodmark are they any good ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post
LKQ owns Fitrite just FYI making it the 2'nd largest body part company behind Keystone Automotive
Mike- I know this is an old thread but....LKQ bought Fit-Rite body parts at 55 Shepherds Lane in Totowa, NJ....not Fitrite that is now Key Parts. Key Parts became Key Parts (changed name from FitRite) because of the "Other" Fit-Rite's incorporation paperwork making it through the state without them picking up on the fact that there was already a Fit-Rite in NJ. In the aftermarket world they share a lot of customers and it was becoming a nightmare for both. Key Parts has nothing to do with LKQ, nor is it even 1/2% owned by ANY outside entity, including Tri-Plus.

My daughter has worked at the "Other" Fit-Rite for 10 years (and continues to).

Last edited by jb4short; 12-22-2008 at 09:37 AM.
jb4short is offline   Reply With Quote