The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-28-2002, 11:54 PM   #1
speesh

No wonder you freak out!

Now I get it! I just got home from a 5400 mile round trip from my home here in the California desert to eastern New York state, and on this long trip I saw maybe 5 of our trucks.... I see more than that on the average day here in my town. The oldest vehicles I saw much of was late 80s pickups, and they already had lots of rust on them, far more than is on my 57 suburban which sits outside. I never realized it was that hard to find a rust free body part but now I understand. And then the real reason people dont bother to come out here and get rust free parts is because it is a heck of a long way! I just have one question- how come nobody back there has a garage? Where I live we have sunshine 350 days a year, and I have a garage! I dont know how you guys do it........ I guess I am pretty lucky, the main problem here is dried out rubber seals and sandblasted windows. Anyway, now I understand why some people freak out about parting out good trucks........
speesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 12:44 AM   #2
Lightspeed

i see a lot of 69-72 trucks, most of them are in decent shape, not really nice or anything but restorable. i live in VA btw
Lightspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 01:50 AM   #3
junkyardjohn

Thumbs up

YEP -- I LIVED IN MICHIGAN FOR 35 YEARS PRIOR TO MOVING TO NEVADA ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO. I DROVE A RUSTFREE 70 SHORT FLEET CST BACK THERE, BUT IT WAS A REALY REALY RARE RIDE FOR THE AREA, & THE WEATHER ONLY LET ME DRIVE IT ABOUT 5 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR. ON A STILL NIGHT YOU COULD HEAR THE CORN GROW & THE CARS RUST.
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 09:32 AM   #4
Jwill41

I see 3 or 4 every day in the Dallas area that i have not seen before. Most are average condition and still being used to work out of. Every now and then i see one that is pretty nice. There are several for sale around here but are priced a little steep.

67 1/2 ton GMC short step side
68 1/2 ton Chevy long fleet side
72 1/2 ton Chevy Suburban
99 1/2 ton Chevy Suburban

founder (and only member) of the primer/clearcoat club
Jwill41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 11:04 AM   #5
kpf

Had to laugh and laugh yesterday,
I was coming home from the store the other day and turned onto the last stretch of road before my house. I was following 4 67-72 trucks and behind me there were 5 more (just a coincidence)
well we all got bunched up together and were going real slow. I looked up ahead to see what the problem was and there was an older ford truck puking smoke and going about 5 miles an hour or so. I looked at some of the other drivers and we were all laughing. At the same time we were going by a golf course and half of the golfers were looking and pointing like it was some type of parade or something. I was just a real wierd coincidence that all theses chevy's and gmc's were on the road at the same time being slowed by a crappy ford. Wish I would have had my video camera
97 crew cab f350 psd
kpf is offline   Reply With Quote