The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-21-2006, 11:54 PM   #51
roj2323

Re: Trailing Arms

hey it's the best and only pics i have seen of the underside of a nascar car minus the ones flipping on the track, so thank you for posting. even the shock placement is interesting. the little stabalizer bars between the pumpkin and bottom of the t-arms puzzle me though. cool pics.
ondrew
roj2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:58 PM   #52
slt0066

farmtruck thats a good pic of a road coarse car . note the panhardt bar on the right side truck arm and connected to the chassis on the left like our trucks.
and they should be both the same length. but nascar only races a few times on road coarses so getting a good pair of those is hard .

scoti
boxed truck arms are illegal in nascar they will take them away from you and give you a nice little fine to pay... its they're sandbox u gotta play by the rules... and no I didnt get them from a vendor ...mine were a set of out dated ones that we wont run anymore...
there are several places that sell these arms BSR is a big racing distributor ,
Hutcherson Pegan is another one , and Heintz is another, if any of you have been to thecar shows at Lowes motor speedway you probbably drove right by them... I'd bet if you guys called a few of these places they would be able to hook you up Im sure theyve got some old stuff that no race team is gonna buy .
Also if you all are familliar with nascar racing busch cars run the same length trailing arms
oh yeah thats also why we call them truck arms. cause thats what they come from a truck.
slt0066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:15 AM   #53
slt0066

roj2323
those stablizer bars are to keep the arms from rolling under or twisting there is a ton of force on them. especialy on a high speed oval track, the brace will only be on the left one.
dont know if you can see were the trailing arms mount in the front to the cross member or not but there will be three to five holes to mount them in any position to help with forward grip.
shane
00 66 mean any thing to ya
one is a busch car the other one a cup car.
next year gonna be 70 66 ???

Last edited by slt0066; 12-22-2006 at 12:17 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:24 AM   #54
slt0066

and yes my new years resolution is to
update my name and get it in blue
and post a build thead. its gonna be called project fastforward cause Ive got less than seven months to get it back on the road.. mommas pregnant with twins..........
anyway youall have a merry xmas , I gotta get ready to go out a town.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:03 AM   #55
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by slt0066 View Post
farmtruck thats a good pic of a road coarse car . note the panhardt bar on the right side truck arm and connected to the chassis on the left like our trucks.
and they should be both the same length. but nascar only races a few times on road coarses so getting a good pair of those is hard .

scoti
boxed truck arms are illegal in nascar they will take them away from you and give you a nice little fine to pay... its they're sandbox u gotta play by the rules... and no I didnt get them from a vendor ...mine were a set of out dated ones that we wont run anymore...
there are several places that sell these arms BSR is a big racing distributor ,
Hutcherson Pegan is another one , and Heintz is another, if any of you have been to thecar shows at Lowes motor speedway you probbably drove right by them... I'd bet if you guys called a few of these places they would be able to hook you up Im sure theyve got some old stuff that no race team is gonna buy .
Also if you all are familliar with nascar racing busch cars run the same length trailing arms
oh yeah thats also why we call them truck arms. cause thats what they come from a truck.

Thanks for the info & welcome to the site!
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:49 AM   #56
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by slt0066 View Post
roj2323
shane
00 66 mean any thing to ya
one is a busch car the other one a cup car.
next year gonna be 70 66 ???
00 & 66 means a TON to me. I sell Haas CNC for a living.

Kinda cool, in a round about way you and I work for the same guy.

Dang nice to have ya here.

Last edited by Shane; 12-22-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #57
JustLiveIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL View Post
Quit flaming the new guy!!11111111oneone.

Er, eh...
My post was no flame but just a question. If you look at early classics website they make a big deal about finally having aftermarket trailing arms to sell. I just found that interesting after learning that they are used in NASCAR and can be used on our trucks with little modification.