The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-04-2007, 02:44 PM   #1
Chevyrod

Drop Spindle Question !!!

I installed my air ride suspention and I need about three more inches of drop in the front to level the blazer out. I only have bags in the front now and I want to order a set of drop spindles. I have 15" wheels right now and was wondering what kind of clearence problems I will run into with the lower control arms etc. Will I have any problems with a 3" drop spindle or should I use a 2". If I do have a problem with the lower arm how much does it rub and can I grind a little on the lcm to make it work. I really don't want to buy new rims right now and I know you guys have ran into this before. I just need a little help before I order a Set. Here are a few photos that show what I am trying to do.
Attached Images

Chevyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #2
short step

Re: Drop Spindle Question !!!

with 3"drop the LCA will rub the rims but u can grind enough off just check it on the ground before u drive. they say the 2 1/2 dont rub but i ordered them and they must be 3 got them from GMC Paul
bob
short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:04 AM   #3
SCOTI

3" drop spindles will rub wheels that have too much back spacing. Not all 15" wheels will rub & many people seem to assume this as a fact (I'm not calling short step out on his info). Case in point.... my 74 has 3" drop spindles & when I had 15x6.5 (3.5"BS ?) van ralleys there was no rubbing. I installed my 18x8's w/5.25"BS & they rubbed big time.

What size/back-space wheels are you running?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 02-05-2007 at 12:06 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:23 PM   #4
Chevyrod

SCOTI,
I JUST WENT OUT AND MEASURED IT, THEY LOOK TO BE 15X8 WITH A 3 1/2" BACKSPACING IF I MEASURED RIGHT. I MEASURED FROM THE MOUNTING SURFACE TO THE OUTER WHEEL LIP. THESE WHEELS WERE ON THE BLAZER WHEN I PURCHASED IT, SO I DON'T NO ALOT ABOUT THEM. IF I MEASURED WRONG LET ME KNOW. I JUST NEED SOME HELP BEFORE I ORDER MY SPINDLES. THANKS AGAIN.

ALSO I TOOK YOUR ADVICE AND WENT WITH THE SHOCKWAVES FROM ART ON THE REAR OF THE BLAZER THEY FIT PERFECT.
Chevyrod is offline   Reply With Quote