The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
Roper

Bed panal value

Im dealing on bed panels. Actually its the floor and drivers side bed panel. Both are like new. Truck was damaged twenty years ago and they took the bed off. These are like new GM panels and just the parts I need. Im wondering what they are worth? Guy who is selling them doesnt really know. Wants me to make an offer. I dont really know what a fair price is.
Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #2
Roper

Re: Bed panal value

PS Its a long bed fleet side bed.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
Blackstone

Both parts new sell for $800 - $1000, and that's aftermarket Taiwan stuff. I'd pay up to $400 for clean, used OEM if I could find it locally, but then again I've seen a lot of nice complete beds sell for $250. I'd consider $200 a reasonable offer.
Blackstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
Roper

I forgot to mention, it comes with both wheel wells. Actually the bed is complete except the passenger side and the front of the box are damaged.
The passenger side im pretty sure could be fixed.
See the box on my truck isnt that bad on the passenger side and my head board is like new so I could make a really excellent ox between the two of them.
So Blackstone your saying $400 for each or for both together? I was kind of thinking that if I had to pay the same for used as I would new after market that I might be better off with used GM stuff?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:54 PM   #5
kevinr1970

I am not sure where you are located so maybe finding rust free is very difficult for you.
I have personally sent a lwb to the scrapper that had minor damage and sent a perfectly good bed to the scrapper. Put the damged one up for $50 OBO then after a few weeks to take it for free with no interest. Same for the undamaged bed.
Between me and a few guys I know that are into the trucks we have probably sent 5 beds to China.

My point is that locally I could walk away from a straight bed for under $250 knowing there is another one cheaper/in better shape around the corner.
If this bed has any damage I would be hard pressed to spend more than $100.
But, you might not have the abundant supply of good parts we are blessed with around here?
1991 GMC CrewCab Dually 4x4, just going to fix things up for now
1982/1989 K5/GMC Jimmy 2wd
1987 GMC 1/2 ton swb 2wd Crew (sold)
kevinr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:37 PM   #6
Roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr1970 View Post
I am not sure where you are located so maybe finding rust free is very difficult for you.
I have personally sent a lwb to the scrapper that had minor damage and sent a perfectly good bed to the scrapper. Put the damged one up for $50 OBO then after a few weeks to take it for free with no interest. Same for the undamaged bed.
Between me and a few guys I know that are into the trucks we have probably sent 5 beds to China.

My point is that locally I could walk away from a straight bed for under $250 knowing there is another one cheaper/in better shape around the corner.
If this bed has any damage I would be hard pressed to spend more than $100.
But, you might not have the abundant supply of good parts we are blessed with around here?
I have been looking hard for months now. Im in Alberta and I have called/checked all the junk yards. Actually I never have any luck at junk yards for my old truck. They just seem to have new stuff.Or the 73 to 87s are all rusted out which is funny because I have seen a few 67 to 72s in the same junk yards and there body panels looked great.They must have better steel in them?
Anyway I have checked all classifieds and searched the internet. No luck.
Word of mouth is the best way for me to find parts. That or if im just driving around and see something parked out in a field, behind the barn type of thing.
Anyway 73 to 87 GM body panels that are in decent shape are extremely hard for me to find.
If I dont buy this damaged box with the good panels then its aftermarket Taiwan junk panels for me.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:21 AM   #7
canadianc-10

hey roper where bouts in ab are ya? i hear what your saying about the lack of decent 73-87 body panels. im in brooks and aint much down here. anyways i bought an aftermarket bedside last year and it cost just under 600 bucks and its nowwhere near the quality of a gm panel, so if you can get that box for under 600 your doing good. id start at around 300
canadianc-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:38 AM   #8
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

I feel $250.00 to $600.00 is a fair price. If it is not worth $250.00 at least then it's not worth putting it on your truck. If you like what you see $250.00 is more then fair.

If your going to offer less then $250.00 why don't you see if he will give it to you for free for hauling it away. LOL, as you will probably be pulling his boot out of your a$$. (jk)

esll.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:12 AM   #9
Blackstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper View Post
So Blackstone your saying $400 for each or for both together? I was kind of thinking that if I had to pay the same for used as I would new after market that I might be better off with used GM stuff?
I'd offer $200 for the whole bed, since half of it is useless. If he turns it down, offer up to $400, since rust-free stuff is hard to find in your area. Any more than that approaches the price of a complete donor truck in my neighborhood.
Blackstone is offline   Reply With Quote