The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
benoit454
Chris

A good father's day gift for his 84 c10?

Well guys I keep running it around in my brain and can't decide on what I should get my dad for father's day. I'd like to get him something for his truck, he's a truck guy and I like to work on it too. I'd love to build it or build my own.

There's a few things he could use or needs but alot of them don't seem like much of a nice gift IMo.

Let me run some things by you guys and maybe you can help me out.

For one I don't have alot to spend, looking at under a hundred, but could go more.

NOW one things I know I'd like to get him if I went over, but really can't is nice wheels. We like cragers but they'd be way too much. So I'm thinking wagon wheels or 8 spoke chrome ones as most know them by. I could get all 4 15x8 center caps, lugs and valves delivered for like $250 from summit and be here by then. I'd love to do that but sadly don't think I could afford it right now.

So other things would be....

Maybe some rotors, and pads up front, his are about half worn down on the pads. So maybe just rotors and pads, but could spring for calipers and bearings also. Probably rotors, pads, and bearings for sure if that would be what I went for.

He needs a dash cover, I like the hard molded ones they are almost a hundred though, most are after shipping. The rest of the interior is pretty good, just you know ya stare at the dash pad all the time and everyone looking in sees it.

Al the body is straight and doesn't really need any sheetmetal.

he does need the headlight molding on the passenger side, the part that's on the fender, and the driver's side drip rail, along with an ash trey, and dome light cover inside. To me thoose wouldn't be much of a gift though.

I know he'd appreciate it if I just cleaned it all up inside and out and waxed it, and it be enough for him, but I'd like to get him something. I already got him a chevy truck t-shirt that's same color blue as his truck, this weekend but still.

He also said he'd like to get 2 matching tires for the rear, since it has snow tires on back and goodyear wranglers up front, he said he wants seom wranglers for the back too. They are about $90 each though from wal-mart.

I like headlight covers, we had some before, but I don't think he much likes them now, or doesn't want to use them.

He likes tail light covers, so maybe some of them?

Maybe a bug shield? he likes thoose also, but has never mentioned either for this truck.

I'd like to get a billet, phantom or tube grille for it. he doesn't really care much on either of them, you know live with or live without, doesn't matter.

Already has a sunvisor from lund on top of the cab, and hood scoops, already has xm radio, cd player, cb, tailgate cap.

Maybe some of that roll on bedliner? I heard him say he wants to get some of that and put in it. Hmmm. I'm getting better ideas while I write this.

Any ideas guys?

Right now after typing that I'm thinking of getting one of the bug shields and maybe a gallon of that roll on bedliner and do it for him.

if I could do that AND find thoose pieces outside he needs, the drip rail and headlight trim, that be pretty good I think. Maybe I'll go for thoose.

Any better ideas or opinions though?

I'd like to drop it, but I don't think he's too much into that LOL.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
http://www.cardomain.com/id/benwa454
benoit454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #2
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

Re: A good father's day gift for his 84 c10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoit454 View Post
He needs a dash cover, I like the hard molded ones they are almost a hundred though, most are after shipping. The rest of the interior is pretty good, just you know ya stare at the dash pad all the time and everyone looking in sees it.

IMO, I believe this would be the ultimate gift, You can't see tires, Pads and rotors, Bed liner, Headlight/tail light covers etc.

I honestly believe it would make him feel good inside looking across a new dash cover EVERY time he gets in to drive somewhere.
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

as a dad the best fathers day gift i ever got was my son coming over to me and telling me that for fathers day he was going to buy the bait and the fare and we went fishing on one of them all night party boats. We had a great time fishing talking and then having breakfast on the way home.. I know this has nothing to do with trucks but to me the best thing you can do for your dad on fathers day is give him some time together with you thats more valuable than any truck part you can buy

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #4
benoit454
Chris

Well I went down and asked him his opinion on it, and of course he says he don't want me spending money on it and stuff, said we got better things to use money on, but we'll see.

I think he wants me to get him a window regulator, his DS window is hard to roll up and down, I don't think it's much of a gift but I know it's a PITA to mess with it.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
Old 06-11-2007, 09:37 PM   #5
benoit454
Chris

LOL I'd bet my dad would rather have time away from me. We live together and he sees me everyday and if he's gone I'm with him, or we're at home LOL.

I'd like to do some fishing though, we been talking about it. Might be a good idea to just get him a window reg. and fishing licsense and both of us head out and go fishing. I could also foot the gas bill and pay the pay lake price and go there. LOl.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,

Last edited by benoit454; 06-11-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:44 PM   #6
1LoC10
Insert Title Here

what about gift card from one of the vendors on here... i mean if they have gift cards, I dont know

1000 pics of 67-72's>> http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...-72/?start=all <<
1LoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:35 PM   #7
slugish
Slugish

iAGREE WITH old rusty c10 . As a father myself for many years, doing something together means more than anything. Or get a can of herculiner bed liner & do it together & go fishing or something after you are finished to celebrate your accomplishment . I dont know you but you must be a great son . god bless you.
slugish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:39 PM   #8
benoit454
Chris

Thanks, I hope I am a good son.

I try and do everything I can, help out with bills and pay my half or more, car insurance, gas, parts, I try to do pretty much all the work on them, just have him help me when he feels like it or always ask for opinions and help on this or that.

I learned it all from him and now I pretty much do it all. What I don't do he does so it's even lol.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
Old 06-12-2007, 09:51 AM   #9
tyjoja

I'm sure whatever you do will be appreciated. Sounds like you've got a great dad whose spent a lot of quality time with you over the years. I can't believe some of the things you've done and can do on your vehicles. I always like seeing your threads, you've helped and motivated me a lot on my own projects. thanks and lol. Bob
tyjoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #10
benoit454
Chris

Thanks Bob, as I said I got bit by the bug from him when I was about 13, and now he's pretty much got out of it since he's retired and all. He always says he loves to watch me though because I do what he loves to do.

If I haven't done it he has or knows how. Most I just jump in and try on my own.

It felt really good to hear him talk about me putting a shift kit in. He said he never messed with one and didn't want to, then when I yanked my th350 and put it in, he was impressed. He wants me to put one in his 84 now cuz he said it ruined him having a shift kit lol. He was telling everyone how he never messed with one and I just jumped in and done it. Same thing when I changed rear end gears. I was pretty happy about it, esp. since it impressed him.

I'm still stuck really, I know he would like the window reg., since it's a PITA, and we both like fishin but never get the time to go. Plus he likes the roll on bedliners and wants to keep his bed looking good and protected.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,