The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-17-2007, 05:58 AM   #26
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Re: Welding the 'gate shut....

im fine John and im not mad or insulted from Premium72s comment, at all...although it seems Shane is some what right..Dohhhhhh..lol Slammed70 ask for pics and how i did it. so i just provided him with what i knew..its not for everybody and it is more common i guess to see it done on a mini truck...??? i did it to a dodge ram i had it, it looked killer imo and thats why i did it to my 72....its all about personal taste and im fine with that...99 out of 100 people could say they dont like it and thats cool by me....im not easily persueded <spell to change what i think looks good to what some one else thinks looks good...oh lol its a little late now......its solid as a rock...and that good cause im not changing a thing.. i build my trucks and cars they way i want. if i was to build you a truck i would do it the way you want it done......
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:37 AM   #27
Premium72

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE View Post

Hey Premium72 just saw your little you tube clip .... now to use an opinion that you seem to covet it looked, sounded and not to mention the content was "Dog$h!t." Hey man I apologise in advance if this sounds p!$$y.

I like bad6772 truck and yea your right it's his thang just like your truck and your flick means something to you his truck means something to him.

Peace Bro.

esll.

I'm happy to see that it's all been put straight between you two.

ahh haa... dont try an go outa yer way to ruffle my feathers....youll just waiste your time.

i said i thought his truck looked good. but you know some times stuff in pics looks different then it does in person, like the truck i saw at the show out my way..i never said his truck looked bad, i said i liked the way it looked, and the one i had seen was prolly the worse one ever done.. but hey thanx for your concern, and you know what they say about opinions..(mine ecspecially) oh and on a side note. even though you disliked ol Dixie Chrome..you still clicked it and that counts as a view fer me!! now go build or drive sumthn
Premium72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:57 AM   #28
Gray Ghost

While it may look cool to some, I wouldn't do anything you can't reverse easily just in case you ever have to sell the truck. Every time you do something that isn't reversible, you devalue the truck to a very big percentage of the market.
Gray Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #29
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad6772 View Post
im fine John and im not mad or insulted from Premium72s comment, at all...although it seems Shane is some what right..Dohhhhhh..lol Slammed70 ask for pics and how i did it. so i just provided him with what i knew..its not for everybody and it is more common i guess to see it done on a mini truck...??? i did it to a dodge ram i had it, it looked killer imo and thats why i did it to my 72....its all about personal taste and im fine with that...99 out of 100 people could say they dont like it and thats cool by me....im not easily persueded <spell to change what i think looks good to what some one else thinks looks good...oh lol its a little late now......its solid as a rock...and that good cause im not changing a thing.. i build my trucks and cars they way i want. if i was to build you a truck i would do it the way you want it done......

Enough said Tony .... IMHO I think your truck looks great and I've even contemplated doing this to my truck. Have a good one and look forward to any progress pic's of your truck.

esll.

john.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #30
Frizzle Fry

Here's an interesting one. This is the only pic I have. I can't say if I like it or not without seeing the finished product...
Attached Images

Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:01 PM   #31
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

john progress has been ok.. waiting for my heads and tranny to get back. and im about 95% done with the chassis.. i have to go see G.M.C Pual saturday to get my S.S brake line kit and a few other things....all in all im happy with the time i have spent...but it could be much faster..but there isnt anything i have skimped on... and after working on cars all day and then coming home to work on them .,kinda gets old..and i dont want to get burned out on her yet..i have about 2 months i think in the whole process .and im for shure ill have it done by summer.....but if its not right to me im not gonna rush it....she isnt eating any hay lol
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:08 PM   #32
Slammed70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
Here's an interesting one. This is the only pic I have. I can't say if I like it or not without seeing the finished product...
Thats cool too, more of what Im looking for with the tail lights....Im thinking more along the lines of stock tailights though. And the bodyline dent thing that runs aong the gait just under where the handle goes. I like it.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:08 PM   #33
Slammed70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
Thats cool too, more of what Im looking for with the tail lights....Im thinking more along the lines of stock tailights though. And the bodyline dent thing that runs aong the gait just under where the handle goes. I like it.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:57 PM   #34
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad6772 View Post
john progress has been ok.. waiting for my heads and tranny to get back. and im about 95% done with the chassis.. i have to go see G.M.C Pual saturday to get my S.S brake line kit and a few other things....all in all im happy with the time i have spent...but it could be much faster..but there isnt anything i have skimped on... and after working on cars all day and then coming home to work on them .,kinda gets old..and i dont want to get burned out on her yet..i have about 2 months i think in the whole process .and im for shure ill have it done by summer.....but if its not right to me im not gonna rush it....she isnt eating any hay lol

That's cool Tony [burn out is no good,] I know it will look great when it is done the way your going about doing it. I have a few little things that I want to finish on the 70' .... but after working on it all year I'm taking a break from it for a while.

esll.

john.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)

Last edited by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE; 11-17-2007 at 07:58 PM.
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote