The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
superpieboy

air cleaner question

my 62 chevy step van had an oil bath air cleaner off to the side of the engine and there used to be a duct of some sort going from the carb to the breather, does anyone know about this? the air cleaner set off to the passenger side of the engine compartment, so the duct would have to cross over the engine. being a step van the engine is in the truck, not out under a hood, i bought a small 4 inch chrome breather with a paper element, it does fine but the hissing sound from the carb is all up in the enterior of the van.

thanks
jeff

Last edited by Fred T; 01-27-2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: No buying or selling in this forum.
superpieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
rwgregory

Re: air cleaner question

You don't say if you have a 6 cyl. or a V-8, so I am assuming you have an inline 6. Look for any truck air cleaner assembly from a truck with a 6 cyl. with power brakes. Those trucks had the air cleaner extend over the engine to the passenger side so it would not interfere with the power brake booster. Hopefully this setup would be close enough to work in your step van.

67 GMC 2500 ,2w/d wide box
305 V-6, 4-speed
rwgregory is offline   Reply With Quote