The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #9
slammed1
1972 Chevrolet SWB

Re: For your viewing pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
just curious - why the double-stack in the front? you planning on beating the snot out of it, looking for more rigidity or ??
From what I can see the top piece was added because of the main crossmember itself where the upper a-frame mounts is taller than the main rail that was added. The added top rail took up the room needed to back up the upper a frame mount and will help in keeping the a-frame mounting points stronger and help with deflection in that area.

With all these hand built frames on here and all the great work alot of these members are capable of its a wonder more of these frames arent being built.
Nice work guys,others are watching like myself and can appreciate nice fab work and welding skills.

I see many times a project is shown and possibly a question is asked to why a certain piece is welded like it was,gussetted like this or that or basically asking about weld quality or more bracing and so on. I am proud that no one attempts to really thrash on a persons work. Constructive criticism is what I keep seeing if someone spots something out of the ordinary or welds not up to par,and others try to help resolve the issue in question.

1972 Chevrolet 1/2 ton short wide bed,68 frt clip Project.
1980 Camaro Inherited when father passed,68K Miles
2003 Ford Mach1 FUN as Hell!!
2002 Dodge Ram 5-8 slam Rolling BillBoard (Gone not forgot)
2004 Dodge Ram HEMI 10" lifted on 37's and 2wd.
slammed1 is offline   Reply With Quote