The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-17-2008, 04:15 AM   #251
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

Re: Its Gone!!! hit by a DUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr1970 View Post
Funny in a ironic way, but these are the links at the top of the screen for the thread Liz posted to find my way here:

Old 02-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #252
hilljob26

that stinks

HILLJOB GRAPHIX--for all your graphic needs
My build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=542497
LS ENGINE SWAP INFORMATION THREAD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=377348
4l60 to an NP205
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...43#post3697343
hilljob26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:32 AM   #253
mvpco

Quote:
Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Last edited by 70cst; 04-08-2011 at 11:44 PM.
mvpco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:08 AM   #254
1LoC10
Insert Title Here

looks to be good up till the back doors... you ever think of cutting it behind the doors and building a crew cab truck?

1000 pics of 67-72's>> http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...-72/?start=all <<
1LoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:45 AM   #255
mvpco

Yes, I just dont have the talent to do that.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:03 AM   #256
Boog
laying low

Well I hate to hear it Jeff but I understand. It may be easier for you to collect what money you can and start over on something else. Got anything in mind?
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:31 PM   #257
Chevy454

Quote:
I tried that too. Since this is property damage, thats all I can recover, just the property damage. I would have to retain a Lawyer($$) then give them 1/3 of the property damage settlement.
Same thing happened to me...had our enclosed car trailer in front of our shop, someone jumped the ditch and landed in the middle of our trailer...OUR insurance paid *some*, but we were out about 3 grand just to get our trailer back in "usable" condition...lawyer costs would have came out of our pockets, so we cut our losses.

There is no such thing as accountability any more...

Last edited by Chevy454; 03-05-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #258
mvpco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Well I hate to hear it Jeff but I understand. It may be easier for you to collect what money you can and start over on something else. Got anything in mind?
I would love to do a 3/4 ton Long Horn. But I will keep the wife happy and put that on the back burner for awhile to all settles.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #259
mal68ibu
Parts Hunter

[quote=mvpco;2467821]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy454 View Post
We had our 45ft 2-car enclosed gooseneck trailer parked in front of our shop one day...all balck, triple axles, aluminum wheels, decked out inside, less than a handful of years old...so you can get an idea of what it cost us. Anyway, one of our lots has about 100' of highway frontage...one day, dad & I are bumming around town, when a local says "bummer about your trailer". We said "what do you mean", and he tells us "you know, the trailer that the truck & trailer ran through!". We jump in the truck, run over to the shop, and when we pull up, there is a mid-90s 1-ton Dodge flatbed w/gooseneck horse trailer SITTING IN THE @SS END OF OUR TRAILER! It had ran off the road, crossed a head high drainage ditch, knocked over a 4ft high wall/culvert, then ran through and into the side of our car trailer. Guy says someone pulled out in front him, so he took the ditch, and the trailer took one for the team.

WOW! thats what is going on with me now, It is amazing what INS companys get away with. You think your covered...BUT YOUR NOT!
They tell you anything to get your business and then when you need them, they tell you everything to not payup......

I am learning some interesting things.

They should have a TV show that exposes this maybe called: "SO you THINK your Covered".....

I just got the estimate to fix the fence, $894.00 My ded is $500 so I guess I get a check gor $394 Sweeet, what a deal.........thanks.....

sorry to vent
I haven't finished reading all the post yet but heres my two cents. I'm insured with state farm and have my Chevelle fully covered. I got it apraised at the time for $18K and asked some very pointed questions to my agent such as "what if an uninsured mexican crosses the highway in his bronco with his lights out at night and I T-bone him? Is my car going to be fixed weather or not hes covered or if he runs back to Mexico?" Yes this happened to my friends 69 Elky. My answer was my car would be fixed or I'd get a check, so we bumped up the insurance price to $25K. After about an hour or so I was pretty much convinced that I had "its not my fault" insurance for my car. Granted I drive my Chevelle very infrequently which helps keep the insurance cost down but I've been very happy with my agent. Chevelles are getting harder and harder to get at a reasonable price now, not that old trucks are common as dirt but i'd seriously look into specialty insurance if you have anything into your ride and do not drive it frequently. Its a little tougher if you drive it all the time. I'm basically stuck saving receipts for everything for my GMC because its my work truck. If it was totaled I'd be a$$ out as no insurance company would pony up the money I've got into it without receipts and then they will just depreciate my cash value.
My ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/The-Musclecar...3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
My website:http://themusclecarshop.net/
1967 GMC 6.5 TD conversion build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=290922
mal68ibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #260
Chevy454

Quote:
I haven't finished reading all the post yet but heres my two cents. I'm insured with state farm and have my Chevelle fully covered. I got it apraised at the time for $18K and asked some very pointed questions to my agent such as "what if an uninsured mexican crosses the highway in his bronco with his lights out at night and I T-bone him? Is my car going to be fixed weather or not hes covered or if he runs back to Mexico?" Yes this happened to my friends 69 Elky. My answer was my car would be fixed or I'd get a check, so we bumped up the insurance price to $25K. After about an hour or so I was pretty much convinced that I had "its not my fault" insurance for my car. Granted I drive my Chevelle very infrequently which helps keep the insurance cost down but I've been very happy with my agent. Chevelles are getting harder and harder to get at a reasonable price now, not that old trucks are common as dirt but i'd seriously look into specialty insurance if you have anything into your ride and do not drive it frequently. Its a little tougher if you drive it all the time. I'm basically stuck saving receipts for everything for my GMC because its my work truck. If it was totaled I'd be a$$ out as no insurance company would pony up the money I've got into it without receipts and then they will just depreciate my cash value.
That's good advice, but...on your classic stuff, make darn sure you get an agreed value policy...otherwise, if something happens you may only get what *they* feel as a replacement cost, not what *you* feel is a replacement cost.

And on stuff that actually gets driven/towed, all the insurance company has to do is deny liability on the part of their client, and then guess what happens...yep, you are forced to sue out of your own pocket. Happened to me, happened to a good buddy of mine also...insurance is a RACKET.
Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #261
bondski06

.....that really blows....its too bad he wasn't driving what I hit last winter...I had an old (and I mean OLD) lady pull out in front of my '68 C-10 last winter in her brand new Toyota Prius....I hit her at a little over 35mph...I ended up on the curb with a bent bumper, twisted grill, and completely raped right front fender (and trim).....I lost the sidemarker lens and the brace I had in that fender........her car had turned almost 180 degrees and the whole front end was ripped off and strewn down the street for about a block, the car was leaking fluids all over the place....but she got put onto a flatbed and I started my pickup and drove home...I didn't have seatbelts in the truck yet and if the car had been bigger and my steering wheel had been smaller I would've been somewhere down the street too...........but anyway...she had full coverage and was at fault so I got $2,030 out of the truck (which I kept) that I paid about $700 for...
bondski06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #262
CLTBurban

Is the burb still complete, and how much are you asking for it at the moment? I have an almost identical '72 (but 3/4 and barn doors). I'd be interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Scott
CLTBurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #263
Boog
laying low

You might consider sending Jeff a pm as he may not be keeping tabs on this thread any longer.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:22 AM   #264
CLTBurban

Many thanks Boog.
CLTBurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #265
2nd_wnd

heck, i'd love to use the 72 door panels in my 71 suburban.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:06 PM   #266
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

lets not turn this into a parts thread.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:52 AM   #267
quandel_garage

Dang man should have whipped his A$$ !
quandel_garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #268
mvpco

sorry, I have not been following the thread, trying to forget it. I have found a nice 72 C-20 long bed same color as the burd, has A/C tooo. it is at a Real Estate agency, I am waiting for the right time to ask(no money).

The guy has made 1 payment (in March) and has skipped town the Probation Officer said. so maybe(doubt it) on day things will go my way. Now just drooling

thanks!!!!

Jeff Smith
Pensacola, FL
Old 01-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #269
yellowdawg
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpco View Post
sorry, I have not been following the thread, trying to forget it. I have found a nice 72 C-20 long bed same color as the burd, has A/C tooo. it is at a Real Estate agency, I am waiting for the right time to ask(no money).

The guy has made 1 payment (in March) and has skipped town the Probation Officer said. so maybe(doubt it) on day things will go my way. Now just drooling

thanks!!!!

Jeff Smith
Pensacola, FL
updates?
yellowdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #270
watahyahknow

never did trust insurance companies like you said they prommise a lot and dont deliver , make sure those promises are in writing and sighned and if its worth it have the item insured validated yearly by a licenced validator
the only insurance i have is basic car insurance to pay for damage i make to the other party and a insurance for when i need a lawyer in a civil case to get my money if it isnt my fault , there are ways to have that done by youre insurance but there not trying real hard if sumting like this happens :
friend of mine had someone drive intoo his brand new beamer , it turned out the guilty party responsible was insured by the same company he was , it made for some verry interesting wiggling from told insurancecompany to get from under the claim and a raise in the premium on the insurance of the NON guilty party , a non biased lawyer wouldve been verry helpfull in that

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:51 AM   #271
capev86

too bad its too late to get some parts off that guy that parting a rust free burb......it was the same mustard yellow too!
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #272
mvpco

Jan 29, 2011

Only received 1 pmt of $150 from the DUI Driver, Now he is gone! City did nothing! $10,000 down the drain.

Amazing!

Still drooling to get another one one day!!!

Jeff
Old 01-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #273
msgross

wow, that's sad... civil lawsuit anyone?
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #274
watahyahknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpco View Post
Jan 29, 2011

Only received 1 pmt of $150 from the DUI Driver, Now he is gone! City did nothing! $10,000 down the drain.

Amazing!

Still drooling to get another one one day!!!

Jeff
get some company to collect that cash or have them sell his home/stuff/car/bike off (preferably the car and bike so he cant hit anything else while intoxicated ) untill he payed the bill , there a couple around that do that for a fee on a no cure no pay basis you have the court disicion so youre in youre right to do so , its allso possible to block his bankaccount if he's not doing as he's told , it only becomes problematic if he doesnt have an income

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts

Last edited by watahyahknow; 01-29-2011 at 12:43 PM.
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #275
capev86

if the town can't get it's rear in gear, talk to your congressman!

there are a lot of car friendly people in the political world.

and SEMA is very involved in every state, too!

just because these are old vehicles with low blue book value does not give insurance companies the right to screw you over. they are rare and collectible and that @$$ wrecked one of the cleanest examples around.

do not give up, and don't junk your burb....it must have a lot of good parts on it, or maybe you could find a donor that is descent enough to make patch panels out of. much of the lower sheet metal is available aftermarket including burb tail light area patches.

if this had happened to me, i'd be in everybody's face until my truck was good as new. this wasn't an accidental fender bender out on the road, this guy seriously messed up and he needs to pay. i

think the next 10 years.....12 hours work plus 6 hours community service on top of that, seven days a week...yeah, that's a good start!!!

oh...maybe restoring your truck could be a future feature on Trucks (Powerblock).....they are taking project ideas from the audience......enter online.....just an idea.....

Last edited by capev86; 01-29-2011 at 04:05 PM.
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote