The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
Hart_Rod

Re: ojoe's crewcab shortbed build

Sweet! When did you pick that up? I'm going with Speartech for my harness. I've looked around a lot and they seem to have the best combination of price and customer service. I'm having them do some special mods for the Suburban and they seem eager to do what you want.

Question, why no AC? Are you going with the throttle by wire or are you going to switch to a cable. Speartech can do it either way.

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 03-17-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:34 AM   #2
mike nutt
69fatmotor

rob , he'll be using s&p's compresser and bracket kit. the lt1 will be going in his son's '86 shortbed, the one in ojoe's avatar, but that will be another biuld.
mike nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:15 AM   #3
OJOE
Crew Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Sweet! When did you pick that up? I'm going with Speartech for my harness. I've looked around a lot and they seem to have the best combination of price and customer service. I'm having them do some special mods for the Suburban and they seem eager to do what you want.

Question, why no AC? Are you going with the throttle by wire or are you going to switch to a cable. Speartech can do it either way.
hey rod, i think i am going with the throttle by wire. what are you going to use for cruise control.
this is a long story about the engine. long story short, the man i got the engine from died in the middle of our trade and i still have not got all of the things we traded on but i have been able to contact his son and i may be able to get the rest. i still have the engine and trans that i owe him.
06 CHEV TAHOE (WIFES)
30 MODEL A HOT ROD
07 HARLEY DAVIDSON BAGGER
09 STREET GLIDE
AN D A LOT MORE JUNK
OJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:16 AM   #4
OJOE
Crew Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post

hey rod, i think i am going with the throttle by wire. what are you going to use for cruise control?
this is a long story about the engine. long story short, the man i got the engine from died in the middle of our trade and i still have not got all of the things we traded on but i have been able to contact his son and i may be able to get the rest. i still have the engine and trans that i owe him.
06 CHEV TAHOE (WIFES)
30 MODEL A HOT ROD
07 HARLEY DAVIDSON BAGGER
09 STREET GLIDE
AN D A LOT MORE JUNK
OJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:31 AM   #5
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJOE View Post
hey rod, i think i am going with the throttle by wire. what are you going to use for cruise control?
If you use the throttle by wire, Speartech can pull the wire for the cruise control, you just have to let them know when you order the harness.

R/
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote