The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
fredico

72 c30-starter, ps unit, drip edge sealer etc.

after getting the '72 c30 cheyenne super home, I came to the realization that:

1) the starter motor is acturally for a 350ci and the starter motor bracket and heat shield for the 402ci are missing.
2) the power steering pump is whining like a frustrated motor (bearings that is) and is in need of replacement. where can i find the belt routing information. It has ac too.
Sounds crazy but is there a supplier out there with parts (remfg or NOS) to keep this truck stock original. It's just to nice a truck to change.

3) the sealer that should be atop the cab drip edge can be chipped out on the passenger side and is going the same direction on the drivers side. i have looked in the service manual and have not found the GM product used back in the day. Don't necessarily need to use GM but this area will cause big troubles on the inside above the windshield if not fixed. Any suggestions?
fredico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: 72 c30-starter, ps unit, drip edge sealer etc.

1) I would searcht he junk yards, or post a wanted to buy thread in the parts board. Or, you can get aftermarket stuff from any performance parts dealer.
2) Take (or ship) your pump to a place that rebuilds steering gear boxes... most of them could handle rebuilding it. As for belt routing... what part has you confused? Crank to pump, nothing else on that belt. (one belt for each component)
3) You'll have to dig all the old stuff out, a wire wheel on a drill works great. I think 3m makes something... the search feature would probably bring that up.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote