The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
MT1972cheyenne

I can't stand to drive it, so it decided to sell it!

Well, After 4 years of very enjoyable labor, I got my truck done this spring. One of the biggest reasons it turned out as good as it did was because of all of the help & encouragement I recieved on this board. I thank you for that! I went a lot farther with it than I ever intended. I won a couple of trophies this year & had a great time at the car shows. I just wanted a driver that looked cute, but it went way beyond that! Now I can't stand to go out of town, or even get it dirty because it is only new once, so I decided to sell it. So the moral of the story is: "keep it driveable, or be able to tolerate what rock chips, dirt and water will do to your work."
One thing is for sure; If I never do another project vehicle, it will be because of painters' schedules'.

The truck is posted over on the "for Sale" board.
MT1972cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Re: I can't stand to drive it, so it decided to sell it!

Aw, too bad you are selling it, But hey, I couldnt drive it either. Good luck on selling it. Nice truck too.

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:51 PM   #3
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

You now understand why I tell everybody, "Mine ain't 'lookin' at trucks. They're workin' trucks"

Like me, they have dings & dents, and are bruised up a bit.

But I luv 'em!

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #4
Castiron9
72 LONGHORN OWNER

That is a nice truck,,,and that is one of the reasons I have not painted my Super LONGHORN yet.I use it all the time for hauling,etc,etc,etc.Here it is today being used as a work bench,cutting brick....It's a work truck,not pretty but solid as a ROCK...Good luck on your sale...

70-C/30 DUALLY
Castiron9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:43 PM   #5
MT1972cheyenne

Smile Re: I can't stand to drive it, so it decided to sell it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jay View Post
You now understand why I tell everybody, "Mine ain't 'lookin' at trucks. They're workin' trucks"

Like me, they have dings & dents, and are bruised up a bit.

But I luv 'em!
I thought I could end up somewhere in-between, but it is a sickness!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:31 AM   #6
dirtball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT1972cheyenne View Post
Ain't that the truth!
Old 10-08-2008, 01:37 AM   #7
chevy29267truck
Account Suspended

thats a nice truck do what you got too do but when im done working on my 67 chevy truck i will be driveing the truck evey day and will be puting her too work and i will never sell the truck at all
chevy29267truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:14 AM   #8
Swifty

thats what worries me about me project 51. I'm worried i'll build this truck up so much that i'll be to scared to drive it. I'm "suppose" to be building a daily driver. I was going to go with a Patina look because of this problem, but i don't think i can put this much time into a project and not fully do it up.
Swifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:20 AM   #9
vtblazer

Quote:
Well, After 4 years of very enjoyable labor, I got my truck done this spring. One of the biggest reasons it turned out as good as it did was because of all of the help & encouragement I recieved on this board. I thank you for that! I went a lot farther with it than I ever intended. I won a couple of trophies this year & had a great time at the car shows. I just wanted a driver that looked cute, but it went way beyond that! Now I can't stand to go out of town, or even get it dirty because it is only new once, so I decided to sell it. So the moral of the story is: "keep it driveable, or be able to tolerate what rock chips, dirt and water will do to your work."
One thing is for sure; If I never do another project vehicle, it will be because of painters' schedules'.

The truck is posted over on the "for Sale" board.

I hear ya big time!

Restored a 71 K5 and went to far too, sold it only a couple yeatrs later due to the exact same reasons

Good luck with the sale, nice looking ride.
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:01 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Been there,done that.You don`t see no white glove inspectors around my stuff.I still have two ground-up builds in the works.These trucks will run and drive like new and look good.They will be just how I want them.But,I will drive them,haul with them,hot rod around in one and go off road with the other.Both will be built with going places as the main focus.My fun get-away vehicles.I won`t go beating them up,but they will get used carefully as my pride`n`joys.If (when) they get a chip I`ll touch it up.I hope to (limit myself to) use paint with easier blend/touch-up paint,too.
I`ve restored and sold enough vehicles because they were too nice.I`ve found my place.I want to use them as I did back in the day,just more limited to keep them as they were back then.I know people who hang on to the same vehicle and just keep doing it over every so many years.That`s another option.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #11
MT1972cheyenne

Driving it & showing it is great, but getting it to that point was half the fun! I love that truck, but I am a tinkerer. I guess I may be getting ready for another project subconsiously.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:37 PM   #12
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

It truely is a sickness . I just can't leave something not fixed or not cleaned . after the hurricane my brother-in-law needed a place to store his generator for a couple of days , I wasn't home but he put it inbetween the Luv and the 67' one of the handle bolts goudged the fender . I got the "it's an old truck" line . Anyway it goes in for touchup monday . My dad always told me if something breaks fix it imediately , if you don't before you know it you'll have a piece of junk . He also told me dents were ok if you keep it ( the vehicle ) clean and waxed . My neighbor has a super straight rust free 73' , it hasn't been washed in 4 years . He will joke with me when i wash mine and say mines next . I always tell him bring it over . And im serious . It would look great with a good detailing .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:06 PM   #13
Cyclone44
Step Brother

Wow that is a nice truck...I can understand how you would be worried about that truck.....
Cyclone44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #14
Cyclone44
Step Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod 80 View Post
It truely is a sickness . I just can't leave something not fixed or not cleaned . after the hurricane my brother-in-law needed a place to store his generator for a couple of days , I wasn't home but he put it inbetween the Luv and the 67' one of the handle bolts goudged the fender . I got the "it's an old truck" line . Anyway it goes in for touchup monday . My dad always told me if something breaks fix it imediately , if you don't before you know it you'll have a piece of junk . He also told me dents were ok if you keep it ( the vehicle ) clean and waxed . My neighbor has a super straight rust free 73' , it hasn't been washed in 4 years . He will joke with me when i wash mine and say mines next . I always tell him bring it over . And im serious . It would look great with a good detailing .
I would have taken a hammer to his "old generator"
Cyclone44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #15
big_al_71

As I am rebuilding mine as we speak I find my self replacing perfectly good part just because they are not new. I am trying really hard not to have a trailer queen or a truck that I would be afraid of getting it dented or scratch.
After reading your statement and looking at your truck I am definetly going to stick to my original plan of just having a nice truck with serious power under the hood thats it...

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #16
71BB_LWB
Thread Killer!

That's what happened with my Chevelle it turned out too nice and I had way too much money in my paint job.
I will have less in my current project than I had in just the paint and body work of the Chevelle.
Check my build thread for pictures of the Chevelle...
Good Luck
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing twice...

Last edited by 71BB_LWB; 10-08-2008 at 10:26 PM.
71BB_LWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #17
see ten
WTB this ad

That's a super nice truck! That's also one of my favorite color combinations as well. It's got to be as nice of a truck as I've ever seen. If it doesn't meet the reserve, keep it and drive it! If I was going to take a loss I'd want to drive it enough to feel like I'd gotten some use out of it. I had someone offer me about half of what I have in my K10 awhile back. Sure, it was still a large sum of money, but I told em I would keep it and start driving it daily and hauling garbage in it before I took that kind of a loss......And I meant it.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #18
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

Quote:
I can't argue with you, Amigo.
That's why mine will remain what they are.

I don't want to get 1 all fixed up & fancy & then need to make "dump" run.

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote