The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
Prostreet 72
Prostreet 72

Boxing the frame of #2

Hey there;

I figured I need to start posting a few pictures of the green monster and it's progress. As I had said when I joined the site, this truck will be used to pull the Prostreet truck in it's trailer. That being said, the frame had a few issues to tackle. Starting out as a weak frame by today's standards, I choose the route of boxing it in.

The truck had sat in the field where I had found it for five years. The truck only has 35,000 miles on it. It looks like it went thru a war, but the mileage is low. I thought the guy was full of it when he told me it had 35,000 miles, but the fittings, belts, exhaust manifolds etc. back up his claim. So far things are going as planned. I attached a picture of where it was when I found it. You do the math. Tall wet grass, flat tires, lots of bees, and no cover= a rusty mess. Though a $500.00 mess. It is still starting better than the black truck did.

Chris
Attached Images

Prostreet 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #2
renegade8720

Re: Boxing the frame of #2

Looking good!

Renegade
renegade8720 is offline   Reply With Quote